Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
For one, no respected 1911 gunsmith recommends Kimbers, and some don't even take them for work. Two-The Swartz safety is also a no go in my book. Hilton Yam says the same. Three-beyond that, my experiences with Kimbers were indicative of every reason I have ever been told not to buy a Kimber (I purchased one before I knew better). Wouldn't feed correctly, eject correctly, chamber had to be reamed to correct size. Went back twice. Then I still had to send it to Nighthawk Custom to get running correctly. The Colt Gov Models I own in 45 and 38 Super run great. Granted, they had reliability packages as part of turning them into custom builds. I'd recommend either spending top dollar on a Wilson Combat or custom build if you can afford it. If not, buy a standard 1911 and wring it out before sending it to someone like ATEI to have a RDS custom milled to your slide. Something like a Colt XSE or Springfield TRP is a good start if you aren't going full custom.
Ask anybody who owns a Kimber if the company has good customer Service, they will quickly applaud Kimber for fixing their gun 1 maybe 2 maybe 3 times at No Charge. Because it takes 1,2 or 3 times to get them up and running. And I love 1911's but for my first RDS gun, get your favorite plastic wonder IMHO. Or get a Staccato Duo if you have bank.

PB