Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Correct front sight post for carry handle rear?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Correct front sight post for carry handle rear?

I have a Colt 6720 with the skinny barrel that came with a standard, non-F marked FSB. I have a Colt 6/3 carry handle sight. The front sight post is slightly off and I would like to correct this. I don't want to replace the carry handle or FSB.

I believe I read somewhere on this site (cannot find the thread) with links to taller front sight posts. What is the "correct" front sight post height for this setup and where can I obtain it?

Thanks in advance!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sounds like you're wanting / needing the +.040 taller post for your non-F marked fsb.

Feedback Score
    115 (100%)
    DPMS made an extended front post, but I think it's discontinued.

I don't know who makes them now.

This is the best way to fix it though.

Feedback Score
    Here ya go. > https://shop.windhamweaponry.com/product/9349056-mod/

I keep 10 of these in reserve just in case I run into this issue. Colt has shipped the 6720 and it's barrel assembly barrel with 3 different front sight posts. The standard rifle FSP, the tapered carbine FSP and the 9mm FSP. Only the 9mm FSP is a somewhat okay compromise for use on a non "F" height FSB on a carbine barrel. The only correct option for that combination of parts is the .040 height FSP that Windham Weaponry is selling.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 556Cliff View Post
    Here ya go. > https://shop.windhamweaponry.com/product/9349056-mod/

I keep 10 of these in reserve just in case I run into this issue. Colt has shipped the 6720 and it's barrel assembly barrel with 3 different front sight posts. The standard rifle FSP, the tapered carbine FSP and the 9mm FSP. Only the 9mm FSP is a somewhat okay compromise for use on a non "F" height FSB on a carbine barrel. The only correct option for that combination of parts is the .040 height FSP that Windham Weaponry is selling.
    That's what I was looking for, Thank you! Theirs is out of stock but I found one from KNS: https://www.knsprecisioninc.com/prod...ht-040-taller/

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Did you try zeroing the gun first?
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluto View Post
    That's what I was looking for, Thank you! Theirs is out of stock but I found one from KNS: https://www.knsprecisioninc.com/prod...ht-040-taller/
    That will work.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    This is true too, it might zero just fine without excessive elevation adjustment even without the "correct" front sight post. I only install the taller FSPs when I run in to this issue, I never preemptively change to the taller FSP.
    Last edited by 556Cliff; 11-19-19 at 14:34.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I should have mentioned in the original post... Yes I did and yes, I was able to zero but it feels like the post is pretty extended. I could live with it, but if a cheap fix that make sit a little better is an option I'll take it.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Yea.. 40 thou ain't a whole lot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast