Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: H&K to release civilian MP5

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I think the timing would be off compared to other hosts. People were able to get around the Zenith block, but as I understand the SP5 has a higher block.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by freeride1 View Post
    I think the timing would be off compared to other hosts. People were able to get around the Zenith block, but as I understand the SP5 has a higher block.
    Timing would not be off as long as the trip surface is in the same fore/aft location on the carrier and release lever.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6933 View Post
    I would send it ASAP. If new gun laws as written in VA pass, Mike will be shutting down in all likelihood. Straight from his mouth.

Have another beltfed with him, but has been there for a while so place "in line" is fine even with possible timeline. Also have everything necessary for 33K build but wonder if he could get to it in time if he does shut down in June.

Calling him Monday.
    Yea all of us in Virginia are worried right now. They democrats welcomed voting for a child f*cker for a second time and think that is normal but don't want us owning guns.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Had a guy at a gun shop explain to me not to get the SP5 because it takes proprietary HK mags!������
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Had a guy at a gun shop explain to me not to get the SP5 because it takes proprietary HK mags!������
    I had a guy tell me that it is an overpriced firearm and wasn’t worth having. I asked if he could elaborate and he said it was an “ancient” system and wasn’t reliable. He went back to his “it is too expensive” as he was drooling over some KAC parts. He proceeded to tell me that he heard the army is going back to the old M110 because HK couldn’t deliver a rifle that was as accurate/reliable/or well built. He has a “buddy with an MR762 that will not shoot better than 4” at 100yds”. I just smiled and shook my head.

I like certain brands more, but I don’t hate certian brands more.
    Owner of Carolina Laser Works
    https://carolinalaserworks.ecwid.com

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I’m bidding on one on Gunbroker right now for $3125.

Seems a bit steep considering the retail pricing (but OOS everywhere) and I’m not sure where to stop bidding since guys are continuing to bid.

Are more being imported or should I just stop being poor and keep bidding?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieDeltaJuliet View Post
    I had a guy tell me that it is an overpriced firearm and wasn’t worth having. I asked if he could elaborate and he said it was an “ancient” system and wasn’t reliable. He went back to his “it is too expensive” as he was drooling over some KAC parts. He proceeded to tell me that he heard the army is going back to the old M110 because HK couldn’t deliver a rifle that was as accurate/reliable/or well built. He has a “buddy with an MR762 that will not shoot better than 4” at 100yds”. I just smiled and shook my head.

I like certain brands more, but I don’t hate certian brands more.
    Do you guys call people like that out?

Not HK related, but I recently bought my first shotgun. I went to a LGS because I was in a hurry and needed 00 buck.

I ask the guy behind the counter for it and as he hands it to me he said “That’s exactly what you need for a home invader! If they don’t run away at the sound of racking the action first!”

I asked him why I’d want to give away my position by racking a slide, and if he knew anything about wall penetration with 00 buckshot verse a .223. Plus, a .223 has 30 semi auto rounds, whereas my pump shotty has only 10. Told him to do some research and stop giving bogus advice.

But I guess I just like being “abrasive”...

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Attachment 60223

I didn’t call him out, me and the store owner got a good chuckle out of it because he knew how many HK’s I own/owned.
    Owner of Carolina Laser Works
    https://carolinalaserworks.ecwid.com

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Eurodriver,

I did call the guy out. But I have a tone I use which is both mocking but also invites the person to join in the mocking. It's hard to describe but it is useful. Usually I just ignore this kind of stuff, but this was too silly and HK hating by gunbros usually sends my eyes to the back of my head.

Honestly, I am waiting for them to come down to MSRP. I have (and I know you have) too much stuff already to pay that much extra. BUT I have bought plenty of overpriced guns just because I wanted to the damn thing so I'm not judging you.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I think H&K is planning to import more SP5s, but if you gotta have one now...
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    More SP5s are coming. Though $3k’ish seems too high, wait until they are no longer imported and people will talk about how they should have bought one when they were “only $3500”. That said, if you wait a bit you will likely find one for MSRP.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast