Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: H&K to release civilian MP5

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The Gen II KCIs are considered decent. I've had a few failures with my PTR9KT but they've been generally reliable. I use HK Mags for serious applications and KCIs for the range.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    Owning or having a certain by-name or by-brand weapon doesn't make one a trained assaulter.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    OH, I'm feeling the vapors....

Was finger banging my PSP last night wondering what current gun will be the unobtanium soon...

Are they still new at guns stores, or are they all just on GB now?
    There were one or two stores in my state that had an SP5 in stock, but the one close to me sold it the day before I stopped in, and the other store was about 3 hours away. SP5k's are dried up pretty much everywhere. I ended up going through gunbroker for both of them. With the remorse I felt not picking up a reasonably priced SP89 long long ago, I wasn't about to let history repeat itself lol.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I love my LGS and the people who work there. They're also a customer of mine and I do trades with them a lot. This last Friday when making a delivery I noticed a new SP5 on their wall that hadn't been there the week before, the price tag reading $2799.00, full on MSRP. They had three in stock, and when I asked what "my" price would be, I got a number that surprised me. $2200.00 + tax, almost exactly the price of the t-shirts I just dropped off for them. I've been shopping for a sub gun anyways, so I was all over that. The next thing I know the store manager wrote off my invoices and handed over a gift card, which I promptly spent on the H&K. I wonder how long it will be before the great deal feeling I have wears off? I'm thinking something like, never.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr McSimon View Post
    I love my LGS and the people who work there. They're also a customer of mine and I do trades with them a lot. This last Friday when making a delivery I noticed a new SP5 on their wall that hadn't been there the week before, the price tag reading $2799.00, full on MSRP. They had three in stock, and when I asked what "my" price would be, I got a number that surprised me. $2200.00 + tax, almost exactly the price of the t-shirts I just dropped off for them. I've been shopping for a sub gun anyways, so I was all over that. The next thing I know the store manager wrote off my invoices and handed over a gift card, which I promptly spent on the H&K. I wonder how long it will be before the great deal feeling I have wears off? I'm thinking something like, never.
    That’s awesome! Hook a brother up

Feedback Score
    I had been waiting for a sp5k-PDW, but a sp5 came in and I snagged it. With me at home. Going to pistol brace it for now, but probably SBR it.

Do,these need the alternate geometry parts to shoot sub/147s with or with out a can?

I was surprised that the interior of the mag well isn’t coated black? Is there a general primer coating on the whole gun before they paint the outside? On the mag well, opposite side of the push button, there is a ‘c’ Sheetmetal piece with a hole in it? For a sling set-up?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I think the SP5 is the cooler item (personal pref). I have shot mine with subs and a can with no issue. The little piece of metal is for the old-school HK 3 point sling.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    I had been waiting for a sp5k-PDW, but a sp5 came in and I snagged it. With me at home. Going to pistol brace it for now, but probably SBR it.

Do,these need the alternate geometry parts to shoot sub/147s with or with out a can?

I was surprised that the interior of the mag well isn’t coated black? Is there a general primer coating on the whole gun before they paint the outside? On the mag well, opposite side of the push button, there is a ‘c’ Sheetmetal piece with a hole in it? For a sling set-up?
    Subs will be fine with the standard locking piece.

It’s paint over phosphate. The interior of the magwell isn’t painted, only phosphated on the HK roller delayed series.
    Last edited by JoshNC; 05-05-21 at 21:31.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    Man, got that b&T slider brace- jeez, if I run out of ammo, I’ll just beat people with that... that thing is solid.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    I was just watching forgotten weapons breakdown of the SP5 from a year ago. Interestingly the rear sight was castle sight. All four settings on my SP5 that I just got are apertures

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    The new batch have the correct sight. Earlier batches had the castelated sight from the MP5K.

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast