Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: H&K to release civilian MP5

Feedback Score
    Weren't they about $850 in 1985? If so, that would be about $2,000 today.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Eurodriver,

I did call the guy out. But I have a tone I use which is both mocking but also invites the person to join in the mocking. It's hard to describe but it is useful. Usually I just ignore this kind of stuff, but this was too silly and HK hating by gunbros usually sends my eyes to the back of my head.

Honestly, I am waiting for them to come down to MSRP. I have (and I know you have) too much stuff already to pay that much extra. BUT I have bought plenty of overpriced guns just because I wanted to the damn thing so I'm not judging you.
    It’s ok. Someone already outbid me.

I want one. Bad. I’d pay $3k.

But I’m not paying $3500. Gotta draw the line in the sand somewhere before doubling down on the mortgage or some foolishness! Hopefully Josh is right about more at MSRP.

I wasn’t trying to say you or anyone else is “afraid” of calling people out with my post, for the record. I just think everyone needs to stop rolling their eyes and ignoring the BS and actually call people out. I view all gun owners as being on “my side” and the dumber we sound the more it hurts anyone. Glad you said something and I’d be curious to hear more about this tone
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 01-06-20 at 04:44.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I put my name down with my LGS a couple of days before Christmas and they came through the following week at $2450 out the door. Hk pro members are saying more are coming late this month so I hope that is true as the gunbroker prices are through the roof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If I get one at a super good price then yay.
    If not, I have my UMP. And even then I like the Colt more.

I would get one solely for larping and 80s nostalgia.

Relatively speaking a 2500 SP5 is no more expensive in 2020 money than a 600 HK94 in 1982 money.

It’s a toy. A fun toy. But a toy.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I don't think I'd go so far as to call it a toy. Plenty of BG's 6 feet under thanks to an MP5.

With TSC mods making it viable for F/A fun, I'll pick a couple up to go with the SP5K's, drop burst lowers on them, and keep one suppressed for HD.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6933 View Post
    I don't think I'd go so far as to call it a toy. Plenty of BG's 6 feet under thanks to an MP5.

With TSC mods making it viable for F/A fun, I'll pick a couple up to go with the SP5K's, drop burst lowers on them, and keep one suppressed for HD.
    In 2020 it’s a toy. Nothing wrong with toys. They make life fun.

If it were 1977 then yeah, MP5s certainly fill a needed role but Mk. 18s exist now so....

It’s a toy.

In 2077 when they make cyberpunk ARs that have 7” barrels and hold 60 rounds in, what to us, would have the dimensions of a 30 round USGI and fire some caseless high velocity, high expansion ammo then I will be back to say “Oh cool. Retro Mk. 18s! Fun to have but they are a toy”

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Still don’t think it qualifies as a toy. Especially when it can put your eye out.

My Colt SBR’s in 556 are excellent; no question. The SP5k’s with burst lowers are great as well.

My HK 51 rules them all! Actually, you made me rethink and the SP5’s and 6933’s will sit in the safes and the 51 is now going to be on HD duty. That or a 23e.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6933 View Post
    Still don’t think it qualifies as a toy. Especially when it can put your eye out.

My Colt SBR’s in 556 are excellent; no question. The SP5k’s with burst lowers are great as well.

My HK 51 rules them all! Actually, you made me rethink and the SP5’s and 6933’s will sit in the safes and the 51 is now going to be on HD duty. That or a 23e.
    Lol and people think I am on acid.

If you shoot a thuggy with a 51 I dunno what he would need more, a trauma surgeon or a burn ward.

But I’ll allow it!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    3rd. burst FTW!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I am so in the same boat as you brother. I want one bad but can’t justify >3000.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    It’s ok. Someone already outbid me.

I want one. Bad. I’d pay $3k.

But I’m not paying $3500. Gotta draw the line in the sand somewhere before doubling down on the mortgage or some foolishness! Hopefully Josh is right about more at MSRP.

I wasn’t trying to say you or anyone else is “afraid” of calling people out with my post, for the record. I just think everyone needs to stop rolling their eyes and ignoring the BS and actually call people out. I view all gun owners as being on “my side” and the dumber we sound the more it hurts anyone. Glad you said something and I’d be curious to hear more about this tone
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast