Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: H&K to release civilian MP5

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Oh lord, I need another HK like a hole in the head...but I will likely end up with 1...probably 2 the full sized and the K.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ccosby View Post
    (s&h was doing it on the sp5k ones for like 75 bucks)
    Just received two back from Curtis last week. Excellent work.

Can't argue your logic on timeline. Will stay hopeful can pick one up by summer.

Feedback Score
    I just picked up the HK SP5K a few months ago and I love it, but now I need this! I was actually just debating if I should pick up a second SCAR 17 but I think I will get this instead since it will likely be short lived run!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6933 View Post
    Just received two back from Curtis last week. Excellent work.

Can't argue your logic on timeline. Will stay hopeful can pick one up by summer.
    I'm in Va, I hope I can have the existing ones I have come next year(or I should say I'm hoping I don't need to move).

As far as S&H I was talking to Mike at TSC about my sp5k's and he said to just send the bolt carriers to Curtis as he did it right with tool steel and was doing it cheap enough that Mike had no interest in competing with him on it. I had like a month delay because Curtis was on vacation and told me to call him in around a months time(might have been a little less). Still I can't complain.

For the sp5 I was kinda personally hoping for a straight F gun but it sounds like we are getting a navy. Might try to get an L version and have mike cut the barrel to a mp5 one as I kinda want one without the navy threading to make into a basic a2.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    I’ll just leave this here....

https://youtube.com/watch?v=-GKpTZwwkQ0
    Ah, brings back pleasant memories.....

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I just want K with a paddle release and threads and tri lug!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ccosby View Post

For the sp5 I was kinda personally hoping for a straight F gun but it sounds like we are getting a navy. Might try to get an L version and have mike cut the barrel to a mp5 one as I kinda want one without the navy threading to make into a basic a2.
    That’s a good plan. I too prefer the standard 3-lug to the 3-lug and threaded Navy barrel. I ended up loctiting the thread protector in place on my K-N and N.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    Delete.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 04-20-20 at 12:00.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    I too prefer the standard 3-lug to the 3-lug and threaded Navy barrel.
    I must be odd man out. Having both threads and tri-lug gives me option to use diff. supressors on same gun. Put MK9K on one SP5K and Ti-Rant on other. Managed to buy unobtanium AAC tri-lug adapter when still around so can also run Ti-Rant as 3 lug.

Of course this means buying two more cans to go with two SP5's. Will probably go with Ti-Rants. Works well on G17's and 19's as well.
    Last edited by 6933; 11-22-19 at 14:46.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6933 View Post
    I must be odd man out. Having both threads and tri-lug gives me option to use diff. supressors on same gun. Put MK9K on one SP5K and Ti-Rant on other. Managed to buy unobtanium AAC tri-lug adapter when still around so can also run Ti-Rant as 3 lug.

Of course this means buying two more cans to go with two SP5's. Will probably go with Ti-Rants. Works well on G17's and 19's as well.
    I've seen issues with thread protectors being out of spec and have multiple 3 lug cans. I prefer qd mounts over threads whenever possible to help prevent the can from walking.

In my case I've never used the threads on a few 3 lug mounts and prefer the look of the normal 3 lug when in a basic a2 config. I get why HK would sell them with the navy barrel though.

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast