Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: H&K to release civilian MP5

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Me too.

I'm losing my mind over this.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    If anybody sees one in stock for MsRP or less send me a PM. This is the first really cool release from a gun maker in years for me.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Mp5s are cool no doubt.

APC is more better though.

That said HK better be planning to import more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Mp5s are cool no doubt.

APC is more better though.

That said HK better be planning to import more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    APC9 pro crushes the mp5. And I say that as a Die Hard (pun intended) fan of the MP5. But this is America - we can and should have both.

I wish HK did not add the auto carrier block. I wish HK went with a 1/2x32 LH thread. But neither are deal killers. And those who don’t buy at least one SP5 will look back in 5-10 years and really wish they had.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    What’s better about the APC9? Makes no difference as I want the MP5 because of what it is. I don’t keep up with modern sub machine guns so I’m just curious.

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    What’s better about the APC9? Makes no difference as I want the MP5 because of what it is. I don’t keep up with modern sub machine guns so I’m just curious.
    I don't keep up with them much either, but from what I've read from other member's posts, the APC9 is just a more modern design.

That, and the fact that you have the option of factory Glock mag compatible lowers makes the APC9 more practical. Say what you want about the aesthetics of glock mags in PCC's, but they really do make it an easy choice. Even for someone that does not have a huge stash of glock mags already.

That said, I'm sure the people that want as close to an HK MP5 aren't prioritizing pricing/practicality etc.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    More ergonomic, probably more reliable due to the blowback action.

That said, the MP5 is still the softer shooter. I much prefer it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by w3453l View Post
    APC9 is just a more modern design.
    Being simple blowback APC9 is more comparable to HK UMP, not to MP5. Gresham-Copernicus law works not only for money
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Better ergos, better optic mounting, last round bolt catch, truly ambidextrous, better extractor design.

Feedback Score
    Delete.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 04-20-20 at 11:57.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RetroRevolver77 View Post
    The APC9 looks retarded though while the MP5 still looks cool after all these years. I know it's subjective but I personally like stuff that has some personality or class. A lot of the newer stuff coming out just doesn't appeal to me. Looks like it's all designed by computer engineering celibate monks. I could write up an entire list of firearms that just look stupid from the EVO, to the APC 9, newer HK handguns, SIG 320 handguns, SIG MPX stuff, FN SCAR, that fish looking thing Beretta released, the CZ Bren, that Kriss Vector contraption, the S&W M&P pistols, Tavor, the new Galil etc.
    I disagree. The APC9 Pro is rather aesthetically appealing to me. Especially with the pdw telescoping stock. Some of those others, yeah ugly.

But the MP5 vs APC9 Pro comparison is centered around function, not form.

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast