Thread: Sling mount Recommendation for 870 SBS

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Sling mount Recommendation for 870 SBS

I received my form 1 back in October for my SBS so I figured today was the day for the hacksaw and drill.
    It turned out fairly nice and I’m happy with it.

I need a recommendation for what sling mount for it. I want to keep it old school since it has a wood stock and forearm. I’m kinda reluctant to drill the stock for a sling mount. Any ideas?

Here are some pics.
    https://imgur.com/gallery/eWitrQQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    In 2014, a RDS and a WML are pretty much mandatory for a defensive long-gun.

Lights are way easier to fire up than NODs when rolling out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    You should have your balls removed for posting such stupidity. This is not the other site...

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    For the front mount on the mag tube I have used two different options.

One: is a Mesa tactical clamp with QD hole that wedges around the mag tube extension and barrel. QD insert on one side and you can put a pic rail on the other for a light. I use it on a 18" 870. Not sure if your barrel will have enough room left to make this mount work, and you’ll need to add a mag extension. One thing to watch out for is to not clamp it on too tight. I actually ovalled the mag tube on my Benelli SBS with one and could not get rounds in the magazine past the clamp. Took it off and mag tube straightened back out.
    Attachment 59694

The other type of mount I use on my Benelli SBS is a GG&G QD ring that fits between the barrel lug ring and mag tube cap. It works well and has been solid for me.
    Attachment 59693

As far as the stock mount. All I've ever used and seen is a screw in sling swivel stud. I'd just brake down and drill and screw in a stud. It will not compromise the "old school" look you are wanting to keep IMO. If you ask me, if you try any other way to attach the sling to the stock it will look and feel awkward.
    Last edited by matemike; 11-19-19 at 22:09.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I use a BFG buttstock adapter on my 870
    https://www.blueforcegear.com/a2-buttstock-adapter.html

and Nordic Components clamp with QD up front.
    https://nordiccomp.com/product-categ...p-accessories/
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Just not enough barrel length for the clamp style mount.
    I like the look of the sling stud mounted in the end of the mag tube and will reluctantly break out the drill for the stock. I hate to drill the wood but I think it’s the old school look that I’m looking for and pair it with a leather sling. Nothing else has stood out for me.

I was thinking no sling to keep it simple but I’m a believer that all HD guns must have a sling.

You should have your balls removed for posting such stupidity. This is not the other site...

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Just in case you mess up when drilling it you can buy a new stock.

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/f93959

Or maybe you could find a wood stock with the stud already in place.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    https://i.imgur.com/Po52h6F.jpg
    I guess I’m finished

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    For the rear mount I use one of the GG&G mounts that goes between the stock and receiver works good and I can run a singlepoint sling if I want or a 2or 3 point one as well

Feedback Score
    I use the Magpul 870 stock on my SBS, and the single point adaptor with a Magpul MS2 sling. I'm not a huge fan of single point slings, but for my short 870 its pretty nice.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Greene View Post
    For the rear mount I use one of the GG&G mounts that goes between the stock and receiver works good and I can run a singlepoint sling if I want or a 2or 3 point one as well
    Those always get in the way of my grip.
    Not too bad, but still noticeable when the sling is not attached. But when the sling is attached, impossible. It’s either all around my trigger finger or my thumb depending on which side I have it on.
    - Mark Twain