Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Small vs Large Rear Sight Aperture

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pachucko View Post
    That’s the way I understand it. Any idea about Magpuls?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Magpul, a few A.R.M.S., and I think another that I am not recalling have fixed large apertures with a folding small aperture that snaps in to the large, so yes they are same plane. KAC has a similar set up, but I don't think the small aperture is attached when not inserted in to the large.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    The M-16 A2 and M4 carry handle 0-200 large aperture is not on the same plane as the smaller, and I "think" the same holds true for the DD fixed rear sight. I believe the Troy rears are same plane.
    DD and a few other similar sights use the 0-2 aperture, at least as default. Some places offer the XS same plane as an upgrade and Samson's model may use a proprietary(haven't handled one and haven't seen it advertised as XS) same plane as am alternate to the 0-2.

Blackhawk and Weaver (thus, perhaps others) sell a fixed version that has same plane apertures and more holes in the A1 type windage drum(A2 rifle length adjustment increments on carbine length sight radius) that is decent except for some genius designer using a weak spring and ball bearing for the windage detent that WILL NOT stay adjusted to the point flipping the aperture will over ride the detent "hold" and cause random windage changes. This can be corrected by making a pin type detent similar to those used on M16/A1 carry handles so if one is found cheap, they are a decent option after the modification.. This type sight was used on the Colt/Blackhawk 6920 collaboration Wal-Mart sold for awhile.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12