Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Help with accurizing a Glock 19

Feedback Score
    I thought it was supposed to balance on the front sight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I use a brass case atop the front sight for my own practice and teaching others. It's not possible with all front sight posts. Credit for this drill to Larry Vickers. If you place a case or coin on the slide you can still beat on the trigger, reducing or eliminating the value altogether.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    I use a brass case atop the front sight for my own practice and teaching others. It's not possible with all front sight posts. Credit for this drill to Larry Vickers. If you place a case or coin on the slide you can still beat on the trigger, reducing or eliminating the value altogether.

Thank you, ST911. This has been my experience as well. LAV classes opened my eyes and this drill helped me overcome the Gock low/left

'nuff said.
    Last edited by CAMagnussen; 12-07-19 at 12:38.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    delete
    Last edited by CAMagnussen; 12-07-19 at 12:38.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    This is a general comment, not directed at anyone:

I don't get all the 'penny on the front sight' recommendations. =
    OK BOOMER

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Gonna have to a agree with 26inf on the penny thing. Not a lot of utility there.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The coin trick was born from revolver use. It works for them. I’ve done it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lsllc View Post
    I thought it was supposed to balance on the front sight.

That is correct. You balance the dime on top of the front sight, present the unloaded pistol toward a blank wall and press the trigger without the dime jumping off the front sight. You have to focus on the dime while the drill is executed. That reinforces focusing on the front sight and follow through. On a Glock 17 or Glock 19 with OEM trigger and sights we perform the drill until the student can successfully complete the trigger press 10 times without losing the dime.

If the top of the front sight is rounded, you have to come up with something else. If the slide is flat on top, I've placed a piece of spent .22 LR brass on a student's slide behind the front sight to perform the same drill. If the top of the slide is rounded, you balance the dime on the slide behind the front sight.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CAMagnussen View Post
    OK BOOMER
    I got your boomer.

Glad that LAV cured your PIP.

Maybe this would have helped also: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...t/drc-20354905
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    LET ME HUMBLY APOLOGIZE (to everyone but CAM)

I just yanked every pistol I have with aftermarket sights or night sights on them. Found that I could balance the dime on everything from an .090 Dawson patridge to the waaay wide Tritium on my Glock 19.

Also found that I could balance the dime on the front sight of the .090 Dawson for 7 DA strokes with my Pre-B CZ-75 - so I guess I'm going to have to work on that to get the T2C seal of approval. I was able to balance the dime on the front sight of my Makarov (Polish Radom) by tilting the barrel upward but I'm barely strong enough to pull it double action, so the dime fell off - LOL.

Seriously, I'm guilty of closed-mindedness. I discarded the coin on the 'rib' of the DA revolver and DA/SA pistol as not worthwhile for the SA or striker-fired pistols. Mea culpa.

In my defense, I still see the merit for DA pulls on revolvers or DA/SA pistols as a tool to develop smoothness in the DA pull, but not so much on the SA or striker fired pistols. If you can't see the front sight dip, well.

That being said, once again, mea culpa.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast