Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help with accurizing a Glock 19

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Help with accurizing a Glock 19

Accurizing Glock 19s
    Taking my time at just 25 feet, offhand, my 11 year old STI 1911 9mm will put 10 rounds touching.
    The best I can do with Glock 19s are sloppy groups of 3 or 3 ½ inches +.

The internals are a mix of favored parts. The trigger take up is clean, the break is light as well as the reset crisp. Sights are Trijicon HDs. All are OEM polished Gen 3 factory triggers and the barrels are factory. I tried a KKM barrel, there was no clear improvement. Spoke to KKM and they told me I would only see tighter groups with high end ammo. I shoot generally inexpensive 124 Arguillo or S&B.
    I understand a Glock is not made for bullseye shooting but I should be able to do better.

All guns are Gen 4. 2nd hand I am told that Gen 5s are more accurate, but I am invested in the 4 series and like the finger grooves.
    Looking for general suggestions specific to the Glocks that I can try out.
    thx
    jon

Feedback Score
    115 (100%)
    Boy, It's not really a target pistol.

I've always seen Glocks as accurate enough though.

Good luck on your endeavor.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    25 feet is nothing. To conduct meaningful testing, shoot at 25yds on a small target like a B8.
    Most service autos are capable of a ~1" group at 25 feet.
    Your ammo is capable of that too, but better ammo will improve it.
    HD sights are a pretty coarse sight picture. Swapping out for a set with finer edges and narrower front blades may help.
    The short, light trigger of your 1911 requires less effort and ability. Dedicated bullseye drills, ball and dummy, etc with the G19 will improve you.
    Whether or not you like the finger grooves, the gen5 GMB barrel is better, narrowing the gap between OEM and the aftermarket.

So, ammo, sights, practice. Maybe a barrel, but probably not.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    Here is the best way to accurize your Glock:

Shoot it. Shoot it some more. When you think you’ve shot it enough, shoot it some more.

It isn’t that the Glock isn’t accurate enough, it’s that you suck at shooting it. That isn’t surprising at all in that you’re coming off a 9mm 1911. The single-action 1911 trigger is exceptionally easy to shoot and masks many of your fundamentals errors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by p7fl View Post
    Accurizing Glock 19s
    Taking my time at just 25 feet, offhand, my 11 year old STI 1911 9mm will put 10 rounds touching.
    The best I can do with Glock 19s are sloppy groups of 3 or 3 ½ inches +.

The internals are a mix of favored parts. The trigger take up is clean, the break is light as well as the reset crisp. Sights are Trijicon HDs. All are OEM polished Gen 3 factory triggers and the barrels are factory. I tried a KKM barrel, there was no clear improvement. Spoke to KKM and they told me I would only see tighter groups with high end ammo. I shoot generally inexpensive 124 Arguillo or S&B.
    I understand a Glock is not made for bullseye shooting but I should be able to do better.

All guns are Gen 4. 2nd hand I am told that Gen 5s are more accurate, but I am invested in the 4 series and like the finger grooves.
    Looking for general suggestions specific to the Glocks that I can try out.
    thx
    jon
    Kkm barrel and american eagle or geco ammo posts 2-3” 10 shot groups for me at 25yds... when I am on my game, and its repeatable.

In my experience, if you slack on dry fire, you wont produce good groups. Dry fire daily.

Unless you got an extremely bad gun, I would think its a training issue. Id try to find someone who can shoot glocks well try it to validate the gun.

Fwiw, 25yds: my gen4 is a 3-4” gun with stock barrel
    2-3” with kKm
    Gen5 is right around 3”

I only shoot offhand.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 11-20-19 at 14:37.

Feedback Score
    115 (100%)
    Ooops. I read 25yds.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I am a huge fan of the trijicon HD's, and general defender of them. HOWEVER, they are way less than ideal at 25 feet to 25 yards. I struggle quite a bit making good groupings at range with them.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    I have seen improved accuracy with higher quality ammo. No quantitative values but improved groups using Federal American Eagle 147 Grain FMJ flat point over Remington or other bulk ammo.

G19 will be chalking to shoot as well as 1911.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Despite being recommended to everyone, Glocks are not easy pistols to shoot accurately right off the bat.

I had been shooting a P320C 9MM and it was mind numbingly easy to shoot tight groups - granted, it's an SAO striker with no safety w/ a 5 lb trigger that would drop if fired (mine was an original, sold it before the hubub), but you just line the sights up and pull the trigger, bang bang bang without much thought to technique and it was very accurate.

My first 250-500rds with G19s was disappointing initially as I pulled groups left and the sloppy technique I used with the P320 didn't lend itself to accuracy with a Glock. But after getting back to the basics and practicing, it's now a lot easier for me to shoot well. But it's not a target pistol and I'd never expect it to have STI 1911 accuracy. 1911's make everyone look good on the target range, with an easy trigger to get good with, much like the P320.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Better sights than what you have. HD XRs are better but still not awesome for bulls eye punching.

KKM barrel

124-147 factory ammo like AE or Hornady.

The Gen 4 glock is a 3”ish gun at 25 yards stock. The Gen 5 is a 2”ish gun at 25 yards.

Also, work on prepping the trigger. A lot. Ever so slight increases in trigger pressure until it goes off. You have to make sure you’re eliminating as much wobble as possible.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast