Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Help with accurizing a Glock 19

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My Gen4 glocks will shoot 3-4" at 25yds with no problems. At 25 feet I can cut that in a 1/3. I have a ton of trigger time behind a 19 now and it is definitely easier now than in the beginning. I honestly feel that it's a "you" issue, not the pistol. Have you tried more than one G19 to rule out a mechanical issue with the firearm?

My problem with "accurizing" a G19 is that adding "better" triggers and "better" barrels often time removes the whole reason for owning a G19...the inherent stone cold reliability.
    Last edited by AKDoug; 11-20-19 at 22:25.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    If you really think you need it in order to do better, get a gunsmith fit barrel.

A Glock will never be as mechanically accurate as a 1911 as IMO the lockup is superior in the 1911 and parts can be fit tighter.

This is all impractical nonsense anyway. A Glock from the factory is plenty accurate.
    You are a genuine toolbag if you have your EDC "loadout" in your signature line...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    At the end of the day the Glock has several things going against it for real accuracy - it is polymer framed, which allows more flex; it has itty bitty frame rails; it locks up loose as a goose.

One of the simplest was to tighten groups with a stock barrel might be to tighten the lock up by using a slightly oversized 'match' slide lock: https://www.kingglock.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=799507

An aftermarket barrel for Gens 1-4, is going to also help, even a direct drop-in with no fitting in my limited experience.

That being said, 3 inches at 25 is doable with decent ammo and practice.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    At the end of the day the Glock has several things going against it for real accuracy - it is polymer framed, which allows more flex; it has itty bitty frame rails; it locks up loose as a goose.

One of the simplest was to tighten groups with a stock barrel might be to tighten the lock up by using a slightly oversized 'match' slide lock: https://www.kingglock.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=799507

An aftermarket barrel for Gens 1-4, is going to also help, even a direct drop-in with no fitting in my limited experience.

That being said, 3 inches at 25 is doable with decent ammo and practice.
    Thats like the old Graham Match Slide Lock...had one about 10-12 years ago or so in a G21 and I remember testing it against stock, it made a definite improvement. I wasnt aware anyone else was making these. Graham stopped after some problems that occurred with one of the Gens that came out, cant recall exactly what.
    All my Glocks are way accurate..but I may again experiment with one of these just to see if it does anything. Take down will be easier, if nothing else.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    My guess is the gun just isn't for you. Sometimes it happens. Most of my Glocks have been pretty accurate when I did my part, but I was never as accurate with them as I was with other guns (although they are fast as hell). Those HDs are tough sights to shoot with perfect precision (although they are by far my favorite). I don't think it is surprising that you are getting great groups out of your STI because that gun is amazing (and priced as such).
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    My guess is the gun just isn't for you..
    Please don't tell me that. It's 5 Glock 19s. One I've owned since 1993.
    At an outlaw Steel match this morning, tried a few things between stages. As suggested above it is probably a user issue.
    I closed one eye and banged away at a small steel at distance and could not miss. Also, noticed using my off side I was slapping the trigger and am probably doing to some degree all the time.
    Not ready to give up, just stubborn, but I am tempted by Wilson EDC X9. Then I say spending 3K+ holsters etc to buy a gun that that checks off the same boxes as a Glock 19 would be a personal defeat :-)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    What exactly are you trying to do with this pistol?

Aside from an aftermarket barrel, Dawson sights, and a (—) trigger there really is nothing you can do but shoot it.

If you can hit a man sized target with a respectable group off hand or prone at 100 yards then what more do you need?

It will never be a PPC gun.

Maybe you should shoot more

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Please don't tell me that. It's 5 Glock 19s. One I've owned since 1993.
    At an outlaw Steel match this morning, tried a few things between stages. As suggested above it is probably a user issue.
    I closed one eye and banged away at a small steel at distance and could not miss. Also, noticed using my off side I was slapping the trigger and am probably doing to some degree all the time.
    Not ready to give up, just stubborn, but I am tempted by Wilson EDC X9. Then I say spending 3K+ holsters etc to buy a gun that that checks off the same boxes as a Glock 19 would be a personal defeat :-)

Hahaha. Well, I am wrong all the time. I know I just never could get to where I really, really enjoyed shooting Glocks, I have owned more than 10 and shot a lot of classes with them. They are good little blasters, but just aren't what I shoot best. I tried to make the CZ P10 work for me twice, and I could never quite make it. If we were awesome we would just go back to shooting the world's best 9mm...the H&K P7!!!
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Had a P7. DXed it.

I’m sure it was cool in the 80s but not for me

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    The biggest Glock issue is the trigger. It took me a long time to get the Glock trigger down.

I would suggest working out the trigger and then try shooting all brands/weights of ammo you can to find out what the barrel likes.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast