Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Help with accurizing a Glock 19

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    d a P7. DXed it.

I’m sure it was cool in the 80s but not for me
    Fascinating
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Help with accurizing a Glock 19

Hard fit Barsto barrel
    Dawson adjustable sights otherwise RMR
    Overwatch flat face trigger shoe

Done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    In my opinion, the best way to accurize the Glock 19 (or any handgun for that matter) is to start by accurizing the shooter.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by p7fl View Post
    Please don't tell me that. It's 5 Glock 19s. One I've owned since 1993.
    At an outlaw Steel match this morning, tried a few things between stages. As suggested above it is probably a user issue.
    I closed one eye and banged away at a small steel at distance and could not miss. Also, noticed using my off side I was slapping the trigger and am probably doing to some degree all the time.
    Not ready to give up, just stubborn, but I am tempted by Wilson EDC X9. Then I say spending 3K+ holsters etc to buy a gun that that checks off the same boxes as a Glock 19 would be a personal defeat :-)
    How often do you dry fire?

Quote Originally Posted by CAMagnussen View Post
    In my opinion, the best way to accurize the Glock 19 (or any handgun for that matter) is to start by accurizing the shooter.
    This is where I'm going with this.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 11-24-19 at 18:12.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lsllc View Post
    Here is the best way to accurize your Glock:

Shoot it. Shoot it some more. When you think you’ve shot it enough, shoot it some more.

It isn’t that the Glock isn’t accurate enough, it’s that you suck at shooting it. That isn’t surprising at all in that you’re coming off a 9mm 1911. The single-action 1911 trigger is exceptionally easy to shoot and masks many of your fundamentals errors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    100% correct.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I love to spend money on guns.

I love to think about spending money on guns that are high dollar items that I believe I will shoot better because of "insert X feature here".

The reality is that ammo, dry fire and time behind the gun is the only thing that is going to increase my performance.

As I said earlier, mechanically, the gun is more capable than you are, than most people are.

Im surprised no one has said this but years ago people loved to reference a popular saying "fix the software, its not a hardware issue". Im bringing it back.

Ive seen you shoot, you're not a layman. Put the time into the gun and you will see the reward. You cant rush it.
    You are a genuine toolbag if you have your EDC "loadout" in your signature line...

Feedback Score
    115 (100%)
    The trick to a Glock is treating the trigger like a shorter double action and not a 1911.

Also, lots of dry fire, and some with a penny set on the front sight.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I would humbly suggest give yourself a week of NO live fire, and VERY intensive, deliberate, thorough dryfire.

Then give it a shot. You might be surprised. I call it going back to the "dryfire drawing board".

Also, don't discount the ammo. Best accuracy happens with best ammo.

124gr Gold Dots are like laser beams out of our Glocks. Ain't cheap, but very fulfilling. .

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    But everybody knows you must buy a Gucci Glock, the most expensive, to achieve ultimate accuracy. NOT.

The saying stands true, Be Wary of a man that has 1 gun. He likely knows how to use it well.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RMiller View Post
    The trick to a Glock is treating the trigger like a shorter double action and not a 1911.

Also, lots of dry fire, and some with a penny set on the front sight.
    I think that's a really good tip, and a very overlooked step.

I feel that I "stage" Glock triggers even more than DA/SA guns.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast