Crazy question. Nucleus overload is a new type of weight training where you use very light weights and very high reps ---say 100-- for a month to three months. Then you take two weeks or a month off. Then you go back to regular progressive resistance training. Here is what is alleged to happen. Spurred on by the high reps and layoff, the muscle cells add new nuclei (that little bundle of DNA at the center of each cell). It is said only muscle cells can have multiple nuclei. Somehow, the additional nuclei prompt the muscle cell to get stronger and or increase in size.

Fine. I actually met someone at a gym once who did this system because he simply did not know how to lift weights for a couple months. He was BIG.

But I don't wanna be big. I wanna be stronger and I wanna work out with single kettlebells (thus imbalancing the body and forcing core work).

So, I am thinking about starting with a 10 pound kettlebell and doing hundreds of reps for one month, then switching over to 25 or 35 pounds (I have no idea where I am after years of non-training with weights). So these will not be isolation, bodybuilding kinds of movement. They will be cleans, maybe presses, kettlebell swings, and so on.

OK so what do you guys think? Will, what do you think? How crazy is this?