Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baltimore looking to sue gun companies

Feedback Score

Baltimore looking to sue gun companies

Well this didnt take long.

BALTIMORE —
    Baltimore city is seriously considering following the lead of sandy hook families and suing gun manufacturers.
    Last week the U.S. Supreme Court gave the green light ,ruling families are allowed to pursue legal action against Remington Arms.

https://www.wbaltv.com/article/balti...court/29856126

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    No gun sales to any Baltimore govt agency, for starters.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by khc3 View Post
    No gun sales to any Baltimore govt agency, for starters.
    That would seem to be a no brainer, but the more likely action is they will fall all over themselves trying to out discount each other.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The Baltimore mayor was just on television saying that it isn't his fault the gang violence in his city is so bad. So l guess now he is blaming the gun companies.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    That would seem to be a no brainer, but the more likely action is they will fall all over themselves trying to out discount each other.
    Exactly, while I would love to see the gun companies do this we all know they will not. Hell, Colt will probably release something that says for LE only on the slide just for them.
    Whiskey

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Are they gonna sue the rats while they're at it? Or just KEEP re-electing them.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post
    Exactly, while I would love to see the gun companies do this we all know they will not. Hell, Colt will probably release something that says for LE only on the slide just for them.
    Yep. The smaller companies, i.e. Bravo Company, LMT, etc, will likely continue give them the finger. The big companies beholden to the shareholders and who are led by investment bankers who couldn't give a shit about the 2nd Amendment will likely yank their guns off the civilian market and offer a sweetheart deal to supply the Baltimore PD.

In related speculations, I wouldn't be surprised to see Remington completely take Bushmaster rifles off the civilian market to avoid the Sandy Hook lawsuit, and a bunch of the other big companies follow suit. Unfortunately for us, Remington has an army of fudd loyalists who either think that no self-respecting gun owner would be caught dead with one of those stupid plastic assault guns anyway, or they're too stubborn to believe that the Remington of today is NOT the same one their dad used: "I'm a God-fearing patriot, my granddaddy only owned Remington, my daddy only owned Remington, and dammit if I'm going to betray my country by owning something other than a good solid American Remington!"
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    Yep. The smaller companies, i.e. Bravo Company, LMT, etc, will likely continue give them the finger. The big companies beholden to the shareholders and who are led by investment bankers who couldn't give a shit about the 2nd Amendment will likely yank their guns off the civilian market and offer a sweetheart deal to supply the Baltimore PD.

BCM yes, but I don't think LMT is cut from the same cloth.

Even going purely from a financial point of view it defies logic.

.Gov sales are somewhere around 30-35% of firearms industry sales. Hard to make ends meet when 65% of the income is gone.
    Last edited by jsbhike; 11-22-19 at 10:06.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    More or less the opposite of Lenin when he said "the capitalists will sell us the rope with which we will hang ourselves."

You are correct the smaller companies can and would give them the finger. But realistically, how many companies like BCM or LMT are selling to places like the Baltimore PD? If memory serves (it often doesn't) they were using the Adcor Defense Bear. Local company they aren't going to sue.

Anyway, Remington doesn't sell, Stag, Colt or someone will step in and fill in the gap.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    More or less the opposite of Lenin when he said "the capitalists will sell us the rope with which we will hang ourselves."

You are correct the smaller companies can and would give them the finger. But realistically, how many companies like BCM or LMT are selling to places like the Baltimore PD? If memory serves (it often doesn't) they were using the Adcor Defense Bear. Local company they aren't going to sue.

Anyway, Remington doesn't sell, Stag, Colt or someone will step in and fill in the gap.
    Not sure about LMT, but BCM did with Milwaukee PD:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...PD-to-stuff-it

Can't find the link now, but around the time Daniel Defense made the news for wanting to expand NICS, they also made news for selling to a California agency (enforcing all of the anti 2nd Amendment laws) with the mention the equipment was purchased with stolen/civil asset forfeiture funds.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast