Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommend Pistol Suppressor for .45 | 9mm | use as PCC a +

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tb-av View Post
    Anything specific? I'm open to anything.

What exactly does it mean when a can is K style? I was going to ask that earlier. I thought it had something to do with the baffle shape but maybe more to it than that?
    Its a short can. Typically 4-6” long. Typically a shorter version of an established can.
    There are also “s” cans which are also short versions. For rifle silencers, its ussually L, standard, s, k (longest to shortest), but for pistol silencers, seems to be whatever the manufacturer wants to call it.

Not to be confused with K baffles, which is a particular shape (“K” cross section).

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    how about a full size can that allows you to shorten it by 2" when you desire?

i use an Obsidian 45, with a 5/8-24 and 1/2-28 piston plus fixed spacer, which allows both calibers on either moving or fixed barrels.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    AAC Ti-Rant.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6933 View Post
    AAC Ti-Rant.
    That's what I bought based on what I read here. So far I've used it on a PCC 9mm, 300 with sub sonic, and a 45 pistol. I've also used it short and long, and dry and wet. I'm no expert but the info here is great and this is a good multi host unit based on my limited experience with it.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Sig SRD-45 is what I use on my Scorpion Evo SBR. Easy to assemble and disassemble along with the fact it came with two pistons (5/8X24 & 1/2X28) and the fixed barrel spacer. Under $500 if I remember correctly.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    The thing that worries me about the ones that do .300 BLK SUB only are that I would put it on my .300 and forget what I was doing and use Supers by accident.

Feedback Score
    I like my obsidian .45. Modular, 6.7 or 8.6 inches. It gets a lot of use on my scorpion.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Check out the DeadAir Ghost45M. I really like mine. I leave it in the long config most of the time for my 45. My factory G19 recoil spring with a KKM barrel can’t cycle 115gr UMC, but it does better in the short config. I run it short on a MarkIV until my Q erector stamp comes in also.

Feedback Score
    You need to prioritize what you want with a silencer.

I prefer the lightest, shortest can that keeps report around 130db, fa capable, no use for 300super capability (I hear low volume pistol cans suck on 300).

Your priorities and 300blk capability(if any) will help people recommend the right silencer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12