Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Double Shoot App

Feedback Score

Double Shoot App

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Solution looking for a problem. No thanks. If you can't quickly and efficiently zero your weapon without the use of a smart phone app then you probably have no business operating a firearm.
    Last edited by TexHill; 11-21-19 at 13:37.
    A person who is not inwardly prepared for the use of violence against him is always weaker than the person committing the violence. - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    While I don't disagree with your comments, I think the application of technology to reduce the complexity of how many clicks isn't a bad thing.

Personally I print cheater targets (aim here at a certain range for a hit there at a certain range) for my particular weapon and caliber that give me the same information on paper.

Not sure the cost, but at $1 I'd try it, $20+ probably not.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TexHill View Post
    Solution looking for a problem. No thanks. If you can't quickly and efficiently zero your weapon without the use of a smart phone app then you probably have no business operating a firearm.
    You should see how many people don't actually know how to zero their sight.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexHill View Post
    I am inclined to agree with you. This technology may be attractive to a technically oriented person, but I would rather spend the money on ammunition. An inexperienced person would see the money better spent on attending a firearm class.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    I am inclined to agree with you. This technology may be attractive to a technically oriented person, but I would rather spend the money on ammunition. An inexperienced person would see the money better spent on attending a firearm class.
    How much is it? App store shows me $9.99 - $11.99. If that's all it is, it's not all that relevant to ammo and especially towards classes
    Last edited by Arik; 11-22-19 at 09:27.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    How much is it? App store shows me $9.99 - $11.99. If that's all it is, it's not all that relevant to ammo and especially towards classes
    Most people I know don't have as much difficulty zeroing a firearm as the man portrayed in the video, so it's a no sale for me regardless of cost.

Maybe I am a little old fashioned, but I do not consider technology a substitute for training in basic firearm skills. Zeroing is one of those skills.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    Most people I know don't have as much difficulty zeroing a firearm as the man portrayed in the video, so it's a no sale for me regardless of cost.

Maybe I am a little old fashioned, but I do not consider technology a substitute for training in basic firearm skills. Zeroing is one of those skills.
    You mentioned money which go me curious to see how much it is. Figured it was going to be several hundred. I still don't know, maybe it is when downloaded and used. But when I saw $9-$12 ...that's literally a pack of smokes or 3 beers depending on what state you're in and what you drink. If $12 is keeping you away from the next class or the case of ammo there are bigger things to worry about than training and ammo
    Last edited by Arik; 11-22-19 at 18:19.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Good lord.

I think the day I need an app to zero a firearm is the day I’ll just commit sepuku.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Good lord.

I think the day I need an app to zero a firearm is the day I’ll just commit sepuku.
    Make sure to get an app for that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast