Thread: recommend compact scope for 7.5" 300 ACC

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

recommend compact scope for 7.5" 300 ACC

With eye Astigmatism my red/green dots just are a no-go. Read somewhere that green DOT for people with red DOT astigmatism, works in many cases, not mine. Still see spider webs and or multiple dots.

Had cataract surgery about 7-8 years ago, that worked until just recently, the golden years aren't the golden years.

The curtain is closing, therefore I don't need an expensive scope for cutting paper. So I am looking for a compact scope for my 7.5" 300 ACC Blackout upper, maybe something in 4 power.

Any words of wisdom?

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    We just changed out a RD for a 1-6X P. A. on my buds shorty pistol.
    Not sure if it’s “compact” enough, but price is good and it has held up well.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    We just changed out a RD for a 1-6X P. A. on my buds shorty pistol.
    Not sure if it’s “compact” enough, but price is good and it has held up well.
    That is longer than what I am looking for.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    It’s a short 300 bo so I would try and keep the magnification lower. Have you tried a 1.5x acog? Also a red dot magnifier combo with diopter will clear up your dot for more precise applications.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    platoonDaddy, I have the same condition and sold my Aimpoint PRO due blooming clusters. I went with the Vortex Spitfire 3x Prism Scope on my 6920. I'm fine with 3x out to 200 yds. I have a choice of either green or red illuminated BDC reticle or turn it off and have a traditional non illuminated scope. There are times when the background color and lighting seems to favor green and sometimes it favors red or plain black. Can't explain why but it works for me. Having the adjustable diopter was the main reason for my purchase. With the sharper image and reticle I'm shooting much tighter groups from 200 yds on in. The $350 "street price" made it affordable and I'm sure "Black Friday" and Holiday sale prices will bring it down even more. Some may complain about the weight but at less than a pound it's just fine with me. I ain't humping it around all day long!

https://vortexoptics.com/red-dots/sp...ism-scope.html

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I agree with Furbyballer. The 1.5 ACOG would be one of my top choices. A 1-6 or 4x is a lot of magnification unless your only shooting supers. A 1.5x ACOG is compact, lightweight and you have some reticle options. I think the 1.5x16 is under 5 oz and the 1.5-24 has quite a few reticle options. Other than that I’ve read and heard that most prism type optics work well with astigmatism folks. I suppose you could go with a lightweight 1-4, but that doesn’t gain you anything but weight and length you don’t need with a 7.5” 300bo shorty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    If you dont want to spend a ton of money look into Primary Arms Cyclops or Vortex Spitfire for 1x. They are prism scopes and astigmatism wont matter

If you want a little magnification PA has a 2.5x they run on sale under $200 frequently. Burris and vortex have prism scopes as well

I agree with the above posters on the Trijicon Acog 1.5 as a very good option

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    An ACOG or Prism scope is about as compact as you will find.