Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MRDS Effect on Handgun Cycling

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)

MRDS Effect on Handgun Cycling

How does a RMR change the recoil impulse on a G19 milled slide or MOS?

Feedback Score
    Based on my limited experience shooting my brother’s G19 MOS with RMR, no discernible effect at all. I also notice no discernible effect on my milled long slide VP-9 wearing an Aimpoint ACRO.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I’ve not noted any effect with my g19/RM04
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigkracka View Post
    How does a RMR change the recoil impulse on a G19 milled slide or MOS?
    In my experience, with a milled or mos system, the weight you gain is largely offset by the removal of slide material.
    The recoil difference between rds vs non looks and feels less different than the difference between different 9mm loads.

It hasn’t affected reliability.

Also “recoil impulse” is repetitive. Its just “recoil.”
    Last edited by MegademiC; 11-21-19 at 22:13.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    G19 w DP Pro - early adopter...No change in recoil impulse noted after many rounds.

Concerned w 9mm recoil impulse? Hit the weight room + get professional training for grip, stance, etc...
    Politician's Prefer Unarmed Peasants

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Had a Brownells G19 slide with RMR cut. Shot it a lot without the RMR as I was waiting for the SRO to ship. Definitely notice more reciprocating mass and recoil with the SRO on the weapon versus without.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    Owning or having a certain by-name or by-brand weapon doesn't make one a trained assaulter.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Thanks

Feedback Score
    Few years ago I done some side-to-side testing of several RDS mounted in rear sight adapters on Glock 17 Gen4 for magazine article. I only felt noticeable increase in muzzle flip (not perceived recoil) when Aimpoint MicroT1 with LaRue mount was put on top. And this was without removed mass of slide cut.
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I called Atei about this a few years ago. IIRC, you end up a few grams negative when mounting a RMR due to removed slide material. Either way, it was close enough to not matter.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kchen986 View Post
    Had a Brownells G19 slide with RMR cut. Shot it a lot without the RMR as I was waiting for the SRO to ship. Definitely notice more reciprocating mass and recoil with the SRO on the weapon versus without.
    You must be REALLY perceptive.

I understand you say what you FELT was different but was there any appreciable difference on known timed standards?

Going from a gun that has irons to a gun that has a dot has no discernible, measurable difference to me beyond the difference in sighting system. The guns track as hard as as you grip and as well as you work the trigger. We aren't talking custom tuned 2011's here.
    You are a genuine toolbag if you have your EDC "loadout" in your signature line...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast