Thread: Tactical Scope for Bergara LRP

Feedback Score

Tactical Scope for Bergara LRP

I am interested in getting input with what might be the better / best scope for a Bergara LRP in 6.5 CM. The intended use is as a tactical, long range rifle, though in truth, it will likely only be shooting paper / steel out to distance.

I am leaning towards the Nightforce ATACR 5-25 with the Tremor 3 reticle. It has been suggested to me to get a scope with the Khales SKMR3 reticle. I tend to not like very busy scopes, but I am more than willing to learn in order to get the full use of a scope.

Budget is around $2,500.

Thanks for the input.

Feedback Score
    The Temor is over-hyped I’d you ask me. Just any mil-based reticle with .2 or .4 mil hash marks should get you where you need to go. There are some good deals on the Kahles right now at Europptic. I also would consider looking for a used S&B with an H2CMR reticle.

If I were buying a NF, I would look hard at the NX8 2-20x50. Lighter, better zoom range, etc. If you ever get away from the bench and off your belly, you’ll appreciate the way a physically smaller scope makes a rifle handle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    If you go the ATACR route, the new MIL-XT reticle would be my choice, and would have better resale.

We put a Leupold Mark5HD 5-25 H-59 on our Bergara LRP Pro 6.5CM, very happy with it.

The Vortex Razor HD Gen2 should be also be considered, as it's the gold standard among PRS competitors. They seem to be on sale right now, many folks suspect a Gen3 will be announced at SHOT.

But I'd recommend the amazing 50% off Minox deal going on. Buy a $400 Mauser, get a 50% off coupon for any Minox optic. Essentially, you can get a $3500 Minox ZP5 5-25 for $2150 with a free bonus rifle to give away as a Christmas present.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lsllc View Post
    The Temor is over-hyped I’d you ask me. Just any mil-based reticle with .2 or .4 mil hash marks should get you where you need to go. There are some good deals on the Kahles right now at Europptic. I also would consider looking for a used S&B with an H2CMR reticle.

If I were buying a NF, I would look hard at the NX8 2-20x50. Lighter, better zoom range, etc. If you ever get away from the bench and off your belly, you’ll appreciate the way a physically smaller scope makes a rifle handle.
    Yes the Tremor and similar reticles are IMHO presenting the shooter with more information than I want to see--for me it ends up being a lot of unnecessary visual noise I have to filter out. Have the NX8 2-20x50 with the Mil-C reticle. Reason I like this reticle--yes it's subjective, but hey, it was my nickel :-) --is it gives you a clean field of view and range estimation along with the other features, in a light compact footprint.

ETA: Also now's a good time to shop with Black Friday coming on. I got my NX8 on sale for $1750. I bet with Black Friday sales you can do even better. Keep an eye on SportOptics.com for sales (it's best to call them for all applicable promos), plus they have great service and knowledgeable reps to help with optics selection and setup.
    Last edited by maximus83; 11-22-19 at 18:26.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Really cant go wrong with either of those. I have the 7-35 ATACR Mil-C and I love it. A buddy of mine recently sold his Nightforces and switched over to the Kahles. He liked the glass better on the Kahles which makes sense because he uses Swarovsky a lot for his "non tactical" optics. On the other hand Ive talked with guys who went from Kahles to Nightforce. How glass looks is very personal.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have this gun and bought the NF 5-25 MilR F1 and I am happy with it. I can tell you the gun is quite nice, combine it with nice glass and life will be good. When I first starting shooting the 6.5, I wasn't impressed, no longer the case. It has done some real impressive shooting and that Bergara action is like butter. Also, being able to buy cheap factory ammo that shoot lights out, it a winner winner chicken dinner.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the input everyone.