Quote Originally Posted by CAMagnussen View Post
If I had to point to a single training class I would say it was Larry Vicker's basic handgun class. Why? Larry is a superb instructor. He has his syllabus down to a science. And...he helped me overcome my deficiency with the Glock's trigger and instilled in me lifetime/lifelong skills I can continue to practice. I've since taken at least half-a dozen classes with Vickers and they have all been superb. The first one was the real eye-opener/light bulb moments for me. The trigger issues and his discussion of "trust the wobble" on sight picture were key for me and you can not recreate these things "virtually" via YouTube videos.
Good stuff. I haven't had the opportunity to take one of his classes, but I'd like to someday. I have a few instructors on my "bucket list." I'm not even gonna go near YouTube commandos.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
My Advanced Electrocardiography class back in 1982, when I was studying to become a Flight Paramedic.

I probably saved more lives with what I learned, then any other training I have received before or since.

The gun stuff is nice. But learning how to deal with hydraulic fluid problems - that is a handy thing to know.
Interesting. What was it about that particular course that helped so much? I'm pretty illiterate with that type of medical device, so I'm genuinely curious.