Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: My P4xi journey

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    T5Xi: Its a little heavy on the SBR’s that most closely follow the reticle. There’s something about it where it just feels too different from a red dot sight on 1x. Overall, while the fit and finish are top notch, I’m not sure it fits my needs as well as other LPVOs. My opinion might wander back toward favorable when I find the right rifle for it.

I’m still happy with the P4Xi.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark71 View Post
    Have you spent any more time with the T5Xi? Wondering what your impressions are compared to the P4xi.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    So I shot mine on Friday for the first time. The red dot is definitely daylight bright. Brighter dot than the reticle on my Kahles for that matter. I like how you can shut the dot off between settings as well; very nice feature if you are shooting competition or during a class. The reticle is adequate for a 1-4x for sure, and I had no issue with the turrets when zeroing my scope.

I think the eyebox is smaller than my Kahles 1-6x for sure. I also see some slight distortion on 1x, similar to what I see on the Vortex Razor 1-6x. The Kahles on 1x gives me zero perception of any distortion, but most other LPVOs I’ve looked through do on 1x. Not that this is a bad thing, but it definitely is not a Kahles 1-6x.

Regardless, I found the glass to be clear, the dot crisp and the eyebox usable. I’ll have to run some drills with it the next month to see where I’ll place it in my collection. For the price point ($650 + shipping and tax), it’s definitely hard to beat assuming it proves to be as durable as a Steiner should be.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I finally broke it. The illumination/battery turret has had a growing crumple over the past few months, and now the battery cap comes off easily.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I finally broke it. The illumination/battery turret has had a growing crumple over the past few months, and now the battery cap comes off easily.
    Have you or are you gonna talk to CS?
    Had a guy wanting to buy mine a few days back & was actually frustrated I wouldnt sell it to him.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I plan on emailing them tonight or tomorrow.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I'm sad about this. I was enjoying it vicariously through you.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by opngrnd View Post
    I'm sad about this. I was enjoying it vicariously through you.
    Well, its not completely dead. I’m going to use it without the dot until its fixed or replaced.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well, its not completely dead. I’m going to use it without the dot until its fixed or replaced.
    Any update?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I also am in love with this optic. I bought one a long time ago. I am also following this thread closely.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Damn, I dont know how Ive missed this thread for so long.

Ive been running a P4Xi on my duty rifle since mid 2017 ( maybe a little earlier, I cant remember exactly when). I bought it in a bundle sale with a Midwest Industries mount for 495 dollars. I have had zero issues with it in that time. We do 4 mandatory training days a year with the rifles totaling about a 1000 rounds per year. It's been through a couple shoot houses and through a couple force on force days using simmunitions. Range days include a lot of barrier work and moving in and around vehicles. It's ridden in the back of my patrol Tahoe the whole time and was back there when a guy fell asleep at the wheel and rear ended me at a red light going 40 mph. It's been deployed many many times at work when searching for suspects or on a barricaded situation. Basically, it definitely hasnt been babied and it's handled an active life without issues. between work training days and my own training days with the rifle, the optic has about 6000 rounds under it.

I have found the center dot to be daylight bright even during the summers here in Phoenix. The glass is good for an optic in it's price range. I was able to discern that a barricaded guy was waiving his cell phone around like a gun on one scene which probably saved him from going suicide by cop. I got in a gunfight in 2018 with the rifle. As I was aiming at the guy in the middle of the road about 60 yards from me I noticed through the Steiner that there was a family loading their kids into their car about 100 yards directly behind suspect, in the line of fire. I did not notice them with my naked eye and I probably wouldn't have seen them with a red dot. I was able to move and get a safer shooting lane and finish the fight. That's the day that really cemented my opinion that a good LPVO is a superior general purpose rifle optic. Still fast up close but the magnification gives you better PID and shots at range.

My only real complaint is that I find the view to be distorted at 1x. I find the Razor 1-6 and the PST Gen 2 1-6 to have a better 1x. Those scopes act more like a red dot to me. Like Im looking though them like an Aimpoint or EOTech, while I feel like Im still looking into the Steiner. I dont know if that makes sense.

Here is a pic of the day Det Sog and I went to the range and I took my duty rifle. Finding 10 inch plates at 500+ yards was no problem with the P4Xi. Hitting them was a bit harder. HAHA. Det Sog had an ACOG on his Colt 6940 which was a good comparison to the Steiner. The ACOG had better glass but not enough to make a difference for what we were doing.

IMG955636 by chase, on Flickr

20190921_123215 by chase, on Flickr
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast