Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: My P4xi journey

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Is the 1.93" mount height generally recommended for this?
    Suggestions?
    I’ve settled on ADM Recon 1.9”, and thats what I’ve put my T5Xi in, also. It is faster to get to my eye than other height mounts I’ve tried, and works well for me when I switch to my left.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    @1168

Any chance you've used your scope with 300 BLK? I wonder how the generic stadia lines might work with supers and subs. If zero'ed with supers might one of the lower stadia lines provide an adequate hold when using subs?

Obviously target size/range will come into play. I'm hoping that if zero'ed at something like 100 with supers maybe the lowest stadia line might work for subs at 100?
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    @1168

Any chance you've used your scope with 300 BLK? I wonder how the generic stadia lines might work with supers and subs. If zero'ed with supers might one of the lower stadia lines provide an adequate hold when using subs?

Obviously target size/range will come into play. I'm hoping that if zero'ed at something like 100 with supers maybe the lowest stadia line might work for subs at 100?
    I have not.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CAMagnussen View Post
    This thread and bit more online research sold me. I got a P4xi from OP for $471.34, using their online chat and asking for the lowest possible price. Free shipping.
    What is OP I'm looking to buy the Steiner P4Xi Thanks

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Optics Planet
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Is the 1.93" mount height generally recommended for this?
    Suggestions? ADM?
    I would. The 1.42" Bobro I am using is way too low. It's an individual thing, though.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriotne12 View Post
    What is OP I'm looking to buy the Steiner P4Xi Thanks
    Optics Planet....but....be sure to use their chat function, also if you install Wikibuy into you browser you can have it run all active OP coupons when you have something in your cart, that way you will get the best prices. What I do is put something in my cart, run Wikibuy and get the lowest price in the cart and then ask for a lower price via chat. Sometimes you get the lowest price that way, sometimes just running the Wikibuy through all active coupons.

UPDATE: I just ran all the codes on OP and can't get a price anywhere close to $471. Must have been just a limited offer. You always have to act quickly on the OP prices, they move all over the place. Try chat though and ask for the price, see if they let you have it.
    Last edited by CAMagnussen; 12-14-19 at 07:32.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Mount Question

OK, have the P4xi...best mount? How does running it compare to running a plain Aimpoint Micro red dot at x1 mag. As easy, a bit less easy? Etc.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CAMagnussen View Post
    OK, have the P4xi...best mount? How does running it compare to running a plain Aimpoint Micro red dot at x1 mag. As easy, a bit less easy? Etc.
    I have not used the P4XI yet but I have used a couple other LPVOs.

Pros are able to still use even if battery is dead or otherwise not installed. Magnified option helps with distance/target ID.

Cons are less forgiving with placement of head and/or cheek weld. As an example shooting in something like SBU prone is pretty tough with a scope and gets worse the farther the eye is from the optic. Also the few I've messed with do tend to have a little distortion or magnification error at 1x. Even those sold as "true one power" will have a slight effect.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Cons are less forgiving with placement of head and/or cheek weld. As an example shooting in something like SBU prone is pretty tough with a scope and gets worse the farther the eye is from the optic. Also the few I've messed with do tend to have a little distortion or magnification error at 1x. Even those sold as "true one power" will have a slight effect.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    The biggest weakness for LPVOs (and irons) is shooting positions that place your eye waaay out of normal distance from the optic. Junkyard prone isn’t too bad, you just get the shadow ring. Find the dot, get it close to center, and press. A little slower than an Aimpoint, but not too bad.

Last weekend I shot a drill with some buddies, that a friend calls “Don’t Shoot Your Foot”. You shoot from supine (on your back) at a few targets 25m or less, then draw pistol and engage same targets. This places your eye really far from the optic. I’ve done this before with a variety of sighting setups, with thoughts as follows:

Irons: suck, but work. Takes forever.
    P4Xi and T5Xi: target looks a million meters away, after you find the dot. Works but very slow
    Comp M and EoTech: this is the way to go
    ACOG: magnified optics are useless here. Use your BUIS, or spray and pray.

Its better to draw your pistol and work with that with some of these setups. I’ll have to try this with the visible laser on a PEQ someday.
    RLTW

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast