Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: My P4xi journey

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by opngrnd View Post
    I've had two range sessions with my P4xi. Coming from irons, ACOGs, and CCOs makes me feel like the reticle is huge, even though I know it's not. I'm hoping it settles down with some practice, but thinking of trying an offset rds and leaving the scope at 4x.
    Maybe get a relatively small and light 3x9 and use it in conjunction with the red dot?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I actually dig a heavy reticle, both for patrol rifles, and hunting ones. They make me more comfortable in failing light with a dead battery. For zeroing the P4xi, you may find it helpful to turn the dot on to the lowest setting you can see, and ignore the crosshairs.
    Heavier really is a plus for defense against humans and mist hunting. I have an old Weaver K2 with fine reticle that is nice at the range on a sunny day, but is worthless for dawn, dusk, or heavily wooded area hunting.

I still dislike a heavy vertical line coming off the center aiming point due to obscuring smaller targets and really do like chevron aiming points for being easy to pick up while essentially being 0 moa at the tip.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Maybe get a relatively small and light 3x9 and use it in conjunction with the red dot?

This isn’t as crazy as it sounds. Durability will probably suffer, though, since most 3-9s use a fairly big objective, and they have to cut weight somehow.

Sidebar….I really wish 2-7x scopes were still common. Zeiss, you listening? Leupold, where’d the VXII go? Who am I kidding… they were cannibalized by bigger hunting scopes and more durable LPVOs. I just wish I had bought more of them when they were around.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This isn’t as crazy as it sounds. Durability will probably suffer, though, since most 3-9s use a fairly big objective, and they have to cut weight somehow.
    I wonder how this might work:

https://www.leupold.com/mark-3hd-3-9...um-firedot-tmr

Too new for any reviews or feedback but the specs look decent.

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I wonder how this might work:

https://www.leupold.com/mark-3hd-3-9...um-firedot-tmr

Too new for any reviews or feedback but the specs look decent.

That looks to be an updated/improved VXR Patrol 3-9×

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    That looks to be an updated/improved VXR Patrol 3-9×
    I think that's right.

Couple noteworthy things. Check the published weight specs. Good price also especially for a US made (or at least US assembled) scope.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Steiner just dropped a new version of the P4xi. Biggest change appears to be a green etched reticle vs the red fiber dot.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Steiner just dropped a new version of the P4xi. Biggest change appears to be a green etched reticle vs the red fiber dot.

Do you have a link? Steiner’s website still looks the same. Are they replacing the P4Xi 1-4, or adding to the line?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Yup just got the email. The reticle is basically the same as the SWFA 1-4 classic line.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Do you have a link? Steiner’s website still looks the same. Are they replacing the P4Xi 1-4, or adding to the line?
    Euro Optic has them. They are the only ones I have seen so far.

https://www.eurooptic.com/Steiner-P4...cope-5204.aspx
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast