Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: My P4xi journey

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    Euro Optic has them. They are the only ones I have seen so far.

https://www.eurooptic.com/Steiner-P4...cope-5204.aspx
    Steiner calls that the “G1” reticle according to that link. Googling that term returned this: https://www.snipershide.com/shooting...-4x24.7087859/

Also, $800. Ouch. And slightly off topic, Zeiss appears to have DC’d their 1-4 that was a similar size and weight.
    Last edited by 1168; 08-01-21 at 13:58.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post

Also, $800. Ouch.
    No joke..... I think I paid like $399 or $425 for mine new about 4 years ago..........
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    No joke..... I think I paid like $399 or $425 for mine new about 4 years ago..........
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post

Also, $800. Ouch
    They can still be found for $600ish with some shopping around. And places like Scope List sell demo models in that price range.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Ive got a couple dudes bugging me for mine..aint fer sale. Looked at what I paid: 17MAY17..$589 with a MI QD mount. Very nice set-up.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Got an order placed for a handful of the new 5204 model for my office. No ETA on them yet. I'll post some pics here when I can.

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    For those of you who have a P4xi 1-4, can you measure the magnification ring's diameter? I have one of the short lived (but excellent) P4xi 4-16x56 scopes, and I really want to put a throw lever on it. I'm wondering if they use the same magnification rings as the 1-4 model.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I now have 642 rounds with the P4xi. I'm really digging this thing. I leave it on 4x most of the time, and usually don't remember to use the illumination. At some point I'll consider an offset RDS, but I don't know what else I I could do to improve the set up on a 16" upper. I used it as a trainer preparing for an Combat EIC match and ended up grabbing some points.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So I've had a bit of a chance to play with both model 5202 and model 5204.

Externally they look about the same. The only difference is the locking eyepiece on the 5204. I like this and think it is a good upgrade.

Other changes are adjustments in .1 mil instead of inch on the 5202.

Reticles are different too. 5202 is a fairly traditional cross hair with some stadia lines that correspond to 18" at various ranges. The 5204 has a green diamond with a small green aiming dot in the center. Then mil hash marks extending from 3, 6 and 9:00.

5202 has a daylight bright fiber optic red dot. 5204 is an etched reticle. It is not daylight bright. Green color should help since the human eye is supposed to be more sensitive to green but it still isn't as bright as some would like.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    5204 reticle info. G1-Reticle-Full-dimensions.jpg

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrigandTwoFour View Post
    For those of you who have a P4xi 1-4, can you measure the magnification ring's diameter? I have one of the short lived (but excellent) P4xi 4-16x56 scopes, and I really want to put a throw lever on it. I'm wondering if they use the same magnification rings as the 1-4 model.
    1.76”

Shot my T5Xi (308) this weekend. Put it on a 14.5” Colt govt profile barreled 5.56 gun with a can, because I haven’t re-mounted my P4Xi yet. Z’d at 200 with 68gr Hornady Frontier.

Shot 2nd place in a match on Sat with targets at 200, 300, 400, 500 yds. Not a perfect test of a BDC, but it was on. 2-3 moa tall targets. The ammo followed the BDC really well, with no thinking or dialing.

Point is, the 308 reticle actually worked really well with 68gr 556. Much better than with my Grendel SBR. I just wish the 1x was as good as the P4Xi.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast