Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: My P4xi journey

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Have you tried offsetting a RMR or similar and leaving the magnification dialed up? I tried it once up close and couldn't tell if it was viable or if I was dealing with a little bit of confirmation bias.

Edit: I realize that's a pretty Elementary question, but I'm curious on your experiences with it.
    Last edited by opngrnd; 11-01-21 at 17:23.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by opngrnd View Post
    Have you tried offsetting a RMR or similar and leaving the magnification dialed up? I tried it once up close and couldn't tell if it was viable or if I was dealing with a little bit of confirmation bias.

Edit: I realize that's a pretty Elementary question, but I'm curious on your experiences with it.
    Thats probably the fastest way to use this, although it loses some of the appeal of a 1-5, to me.
    Last edited by 1168; 11-02-21 at 05:35.

Feedback Score
    Thanks! I got the measurement a while back and it matches my 4-16x56. I grabbed a throw lever from MK Machining and it worked perfectly.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Shot the 1-5 today on the KD range on my Grendel 16” bolt, mounted in an AR co-witness mount. It was fairly windy. I noticed that on 1x, the target seemed slightly smaller than it does with the naked eye. But, cranked to 5x, I got 1st shot hits at 176, 200, 400. Moving to 600 (longest hash mark), I didn’t hit, but I was able to walk on, just holding, while the wind was calm, until I was consistent enough to add .2 mils up, and .2 mils windage. After that, easy peasy with regularity.

Edit: just re-painted the steel. My hits at 600 were lower third, so I’ll go up more.
    Last edited by 1168; 02-22-23 at 19:59.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I think that's right.

Couple noteworthy things. Check the published weight specs. Good price also especially for a US made (or at least US assembled) scope.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    My personal experience in two of three scopes from them is they can’t assemble them for shit. The best part do the scopes by far is the glass which I think specifically they don’t make.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    My personal experience in two of three scopes from them is they can’t assemble them for shit. The best part do the scopes by far is the glass which I think specifically they don’t make.
    I'd guess for those who can afford it, the updated VX6HD 1-6 is the better scope. Still SFP. Decent weight. More or less daylight bright reticle in the Firedot duplex model.

The CMR2 reticle offers more information but, being etched, is not overly bright when illumination is set to max. Maybe what Leupold needs to do is illuminate the center dot only and then just leave the rest of the reticle black.

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Found a P4xi 5202 with throw lever online new for $645 free shipping and no tax. Until I found that one the cheapest I found was Midway with a 15% coupon that puts them at $745 but charges tax.

I know there's newer variants, but is there a better option in that same price range? I would prefer to get closer to $550 if possible.

Probably put it on a spr'ish grendel build.
    Last edited by pinzgauer; 06-15-23 at 15:44.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    Found a P4xi 5202 with throw lever online new for $645 free shipping and no tax.
    Check battlehawkarmory . com
    Also check if they are trustworthy; I did not.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Optics planet has a version made for them that is closer to the $550 mark and with the older bcd reticle.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    We have played a bit with the green triangle. Most users prefer the red dot. The red dot is more comparable to the traditional red dot in overall size, brightness, etc. It seems more in keeping with what is expected of red dot users who are making the switch to an LVPO.

The green triangle is generally not daylight bright although that's probably more an artifact of the shooter’s expectations from a 1x image. The triangle itself is bold enough to be fairly easy to pick up and see unless using against a very dark target.

I do like the locking ocular on the 5202 and the mil based turrets. Going off memory I think the red reticle is inch based.

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast