Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: My P4xi journey

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CAMagnussen View Post
    OK, have the P4xi...best mount? How does running it compare to running a plain Aimpoint Micro red dot at x1 mag. As easy, a bit less easy? Etc.
    Geissele Mount

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have an Aero mount. If there is a lighter mount on the market with 3 lugs, I'd love to see it. It's also under $100. If you don't need QD, I can't think of why I would buy another mount. I recently got Warne 'Feather weight' mount that is 6 oz. Twice the weight of the aero, and it only has 2 lugs.

My P4Xi with Aero mount weighed in at 20.5 oz.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
    I have an Aero mount. If there is a lighter mount on the market with 3 lugs, I'd love to see it. It's also under $100. If you don't need QD, I can't think of why I would buy another mount. I recently got Warne 'Feather weight' mount that is 6 oz. Twice the weight of the aero, and it only has 2 lugs.

My P4Xi with Aero mount weighed in at 20.5 oz.
    Did you go with the SPR or standard mount?
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by seb5 View Post
    Did you go with the SPR or standard mount?
    I just looked and I have the 1" extended? It looks like the SPR is longer and the standard is shorter?
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriotne12 View Post
    What is OP I'm looking to buy the Steiner P4Xi Thanks

Currently, $550. delivered and no tax at DSG Arm's

Feedback Score
    Great thread.

I really like the Steiner 1-4. An SME buddy swears by them, and his ride-or-die carbine has a Steiner P4Xi on it. Having shot the Steiner and a Vortex 1-6, both in LT 1.93 mounts, I have to say that the Steiner is more 'shootable'. I really like the 6x top end on the Vortex, but the eyebox is less forgiving. The reticle on the Steiner is the tits. For much of my shooting, I kept the Vortex in the 1-4x range, only turning to 6x for supported precision shots.

It's really a tough call, choosing between them all.

An ACOG (especially with an ACSS or Horseshoe reticle) plus a mount is barely past 12oz. Add 3-4 oz if you want an RMR, too.

A P4xi mounted is north of 24 oz.

A Vortex 1-6 in a LT104 is right around 31 oz.

A Razor mounted is tipping past 2 lb.

You definitely get what you pay for, and what you choose to carry around. The P4Xi is a ridiculously good compromise between all of them. For 99% of what 5.56 is good for, 4x will do ya just fine. I don't feel badly that my main gat has a 1-6 on it, though.
    Last edited by noonesshowmonkey; 12-25-19 at 14:33. Reason: spelling, usage

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yikes! Steiner has drastically increased the MSRP on the P4XI:

https://www.steiner-optics.com/riflescopes/p4xi-1-4x24
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    Dumb question:

I can't find the manual. What range to zero at and what ranges are the subtensions?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Download the strelok app for your phone and you can plug the numbers in for your ammo and it will give you the drops. Going by manufacture will only give you a loose idea.

Yikes steiner sees the demand so they double the price. Glad I got mine super cheap used. They better have improved the illumination dial detents and gave it better turret clicks for that price jump.

Slide the pictures over and they have the drops for 556 and 308
    Last edited by joedirt199; 01-29-20 at 12:34.

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joedirt199 View Post
    Download the strelok app for your phone and you can plug the numbers in for your ammo and it will give you the drops. Going by manufacture will only give you a loose idea.

Yikes steiner sees the demand so they double the price. Glad I got mine super cheap used. They better have improved the illumination dial detents and gave it better turret clicks for that price jump.

Slide the pictures over and they have the drops for 556 and 308
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast