Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: My P4xi journey

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by just a scout View Post
    Dumb question:

I can't find the manual. What range to zero at and what ranges are the subtensions?
    The center crosshair/dot is meant to be 200. Each hash mark is meant to range the next hundred, so the first hash mark is the width of a man at 300. Strelok will help. Litz has real BC’s, lengths, etc for data entry with Strelok.
    Last edited by 1168; 03-05-20 at 08:16. Reason: Clarity

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    The center crosshair is meant to be 200. Each hash mark is meant to range the next hundred, so the first hash mark is the width of a man at 300. Strelok will help.
    No a P4Xi owner, but I am a Strelok Pro owner and yes, it can really help one figure their reticle and holds out.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Does the P4xi have a wire or etched glass reticle? Is a etched glass reticle better for someone that has astigmatism ?
    Last edited by Biggy; 01-30-20 at 12:03.

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    The center crosshair is meant to be 200. Each hash mark is meant to range the next hundred, so the first hash mark is the width of a man at 300. Strelok will help.
    Perfect. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Revisiting this thread due to increased experience.

I’ve noticed that I am slightly slower getting off the first round from low ready on close up (kids don’t try this at home, and never with M855) steel on the timer when I compare myself on another rifle with an EoTech. Its not a big difference, but it is a difference. The difference on A/-0 only shots with paper targets is very slim, but shows up sometimes. Transitioning from target to target on the move, sometimes I am faster with a RDS, sometimes I am not. It is difficult to come to a conclusion on these drills due to all the variables, and lack of (me) standardizing these stages. Also, the rifles are not the same, and that may account for some of the difference. Maybe I’m due for a day of switching optics back and forth, since most of my stuff is QD anyway. I need to compare it more to an Aimpoint instead of an EoTech, which is really hard to beat for close range work.

For reference, I’ve been using the P4Xi nearly exclusively, and firing maybe 5% of my total round count with other optics/irons lately. I suspect that my experience with this one sample is approaching 10,000 rounds. So, even though I have used dots extensively in the past, they do not have a familiarity advantage to account for the small time difference. I think I’m on my third battery.

I also have a T5Xi now (Black Friday), but have not used it enough to say much. Brightness adjustment is a little more positive. It is for sure longer and heavier, and looks a little out of place on my 12.3”.

The difference in my use between a RDS and a LPVO in speed is only likely to be noticed in competition, and by some professional users that train a lot with timers. For most users, even most professional users, its insignificant. The possibility for longer shots makes the LPVO worth it, in my opinion.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Is this the mount you are running?
    https://www.americandefensemanufactu...w/product/188/

How much practice did it take to get used to a 1.93 mount?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    Is this the mount you are running?
    https://www.americandefensemanufactu...w/product/188/

How much practice did it take to get used to a 1.93 mount?
    It is.

Did not take too much, coming from lower 1/3 with RDS. Comes to my eye much more naturally than the ~1.5” mounts I tried. I don’t think I want any other height with LPVOs at this point. I dig it.

The bore offset and center of gravity is noticeable sometimes compared to a lower optic, but its a non-issue in my opinion. The half-ish inch difference in POI up close may affect some drills with small targets, but does not matter in its intended use. In fact, with its rifle and ammo, the reticle more closely matches the trajectory than it would at ~1.5”. Although, again, it probably wouldn’t matter for this thing’s intended use.

Cheek weld is pretty soft, so its slightly harder to be perfectly consistent on eye placement with the longer shots, so for setting up a max precision rig, I’d go lower or use a small riser, but I’ve got a skinny man’s face.

BTW, rifle had a slip and fall a few days ago from leaning against a wall. Hit a wood floor directly on the optic. Thing still works, zero unchanged.
    Last edited by 1168; 03-05-20 at 09:27.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    That sounds good. I'm a lower 1/3 guy for RDS. I also prefer higher sights due to a requirement to wear electronic ear pro. With the shape of my face, I barely get a good cheek weld at speed with absolute cowitness.

Feedback Score
    Now you have me interested. Contacting vendor to discuss.
    Fire in the Hole

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

I also have a T5Xi now (Black Friday), but have not used it enough to say much. Brightness adjustment is a little more positive. It is for sure longer and heavier, and looks a little out of place on my 12.3”.
    Have you spent any more time with the T5Xi? Wondering what your impressions are compared to the P4xi.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast