Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HK VP9-B Tactical + some cool kit

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

HK VP9-B Tactical + some cool kit

Actually, there is no VP 9-B Tactical so I decided to make my own. Purchased a factory HK threaded barrel and dropped it in. Heinie Straight Eight suppressor-height sights are inbound and a Griffin Armament Resistance 9 is currently waiting for me in NFA jail.

I personally never had a big problem with paddle style mag releases but there is no doubt I am faster with a standard button. It is also just more intuitive for me so there ya go. I'll update this thread with new photos once I install the sights and receive my can. Only other changes will be getting rid of the cocking assists on the slide and ordering some +5 baseplates for the mags.

I train and compete with a Glock17 in a Safariland 6354DO holster (which the VP9 will not fit) on my belt. Browsing through their website I found that Safariland makes adapters for the UM92 universal military holster so you can use your QLS or MLS fork system. Genius! Who doesn't have a few of those holsters laying around right? I do plan on getting a 6390 holster for the VP9 which will also accommodate the Surefire X300 but getting a holster like that from Safariland in a timely manner right now is simply impossible. So, this will have to do in the meantime but I actually think its pretty cool and being universal I can practice/train/compete with a variety of different pistols on my belt now for only the $24 dollars I spent on the mount.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyt16 View Post
    Actually, there is no VP 9-B Tactical so I decided to make my own. ]
    https://hk-usa.com/hk-models/vp9-tactical/

Edit: Oops, sorry, I missed the "B".
    Last edited by tb-av; 11-22-19 at 20:04.

Feedback Score
    Nice set up! Recently got a threaded barrel for mine through Silencer Co. Perfect fit!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Cool. I’ve been interested in a VP9B for a while but I dunno, tough when Glocks are around.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker_Texasranger View Post
    Cool. I’ve been interested in a VP9B for a while but I dunno, tough when Glocks are around.
    I hear ya. Never had a problem with any of my Glocks. The one holstered above is an old Gen3 RTF model with God only knows how many rounds through it. Anyway, I competed with the VP9 for the first time this morning. Our club set up a fun little 2-gun course. Hard to say if I actually shot better with it than the G17. I most certainly didn't shoot any worse with it...I actually came in 1st place today if that says anything. I will say I definitely enjoy the ergonomics of the VP9 more than the Glock though. Feels like it was molded for my hand. No blocky feeling whatsoever with this thing.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    [QUOTE=Jonnyt16;2788353 I will say I definitely enjoy the ergonomics of the VP9 more than the Glock though. Feels like it was molded for my hand. No blocky feeling whatsoever with this thing.[/QUOTE]

Amen to that. No way I will likely get a 1st place in a match but it feels way better.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I hear ya. Never had a problem with any of my Glocks. The one holstered above is an old Gen3 RTF model with God only knows how many rounds through it. Anyway, I competed with the VP9 for the first time this morning. Our club set up a fun little 2-gun course. Hard to say if I actually shot better with it than the G17. I most certainly didn't shoot any worse with it...I actually came in 1st place today if that says anything. I will say I definitely enjoy the ergonomics of the VP9 more than the Glock though. Feels like it was molded for my hand. No blocky feeling whatsoever with this thing.
    Cool. Maybe I’ll go grab one. My dealer has a ton of VP9s and they were doing a promotion where the gave you 2 extra magazines for free.

Larry Vickers had a vp9 milled with an ACRO and it’s pretty neat.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If it's the first time you competed with it and you shoot it as good as a gun that you have always competed with...that should say something. Imagine if you put some practice time with it.

I'm not singling you out or busting on you whatsoever, but I find it interesting when people take out a gun like the VP9 for the first time, shoot it as good as the gun that they have been carrying and practicing with for years, and say "well I didn't shoot it any better than my G19 (fill it in with whatever else), so I don't see a reason to switch". This is a common post that you see all the time.

If you shot a new gun as good as the gun you have been shooting with for years...that gun should be worth looking at and seeing if some more time on it would make you shoot even better than your current weapon of choice. It seems like common sense, but I know, people hate change.

Congrats on the 1st place, btw!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker_Texasranger View Post
    Cool. Maybe I’ll go grab one. My dealer has a ton of VP9s and they were doing a promotion where the gave you 2 extra magazines for free.

Larry Vickers had a vp9 milled with an ACRO and it’s pretty neat.
    Didn't know LAV was playing with an ACRO'd VP9, I'm enjoying mine.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    If it's the first time you competed with it and you shoot it as good as a gun that you have always competed with...that should say something. Imagine if you put some practice time with it.

I'm not singling you out or busting on you whatsoever, but I find it interesting when people take out a gun like the VP9 for the first time, shoot it as good as the gun that they have been carrying and practicing with for years, and say "well I didn't shoot it any better than my G19 (fill it in with whatever else), so I don't see a reason to switch". This is a common post that you see all the time.

If you shot a new gun as good as the gun you have been shooting with for years...that gun should be worth looking at and seeing if some more time on it would make you shoot even better than your current weapon of choice. It seems like common sense, but I know, people hate change.

Congrats on the 1st place, btw!
    Thanks! And believe me I'm expecting to run the VP9 as much as I can. I'm planning a whole weekend of drills with it this weekend...probably won't even bring the Glock with me! Honestly its been a while since I've felt this excited about shooting a sidearm.

Though I think maybe part of the reason why people "hate change" as you say is that you also have to consider that you now need different magazines, holsters, accessories, etc. and if you're already heavily invested in to a particular system then I think naturally you will be a bit reluctant to change.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast