Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HK VP9-B Tactical + some cool kit

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyt16 View Post
    Though I think maybe part of the reason why people "hate change" as you say is that you also have to consider that you now need different magazines, holsters, accessories, etc. and if you're already heavily invested in to a particular system then I think naturally you will be a bit reluctant to change.
    Absolutely! I totally get that and understand that as a sole reason not to change (kind of like the Apple people), but what usually is said along with that statement is "plus I don't shoot it any better than my current gun, so whats the point of changing". That plus statement is the thing that sort of loses me.

Feedback Score
    It’s assholes like you that convince me to spend money on guns I kind of wanted but decided against because I already have too many different set ups and platforms.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    It’s assholes like you that convince me to spend money on guns I kind of wanted but decided against because I already have too many different set ups and platforms.
    Your welcome!

Feedback Score
    I resisted it when it was the trigger guard release, then barely with classic thumb release....
    You’re making it too hard to resist.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I resisted it when it was the trigger guard release, then barely with classic thumb release....
    You’re making it too hard to resist.
    Well you might not want to read this then...

Took her out again on Saturday and ran a bunch of different drills. El Presidente, Hostage, Mozambique, and rang some steel as well. I don't think I can deny that I do in fact shoot this thing better than my Glock. Or at least, a tiny bit faster with the same amount of accuracy. My times were better and even my friend commented that I seemed to be on fire with it.

I am pretty sure the ergonomics and grip angle have something to do with it. The VP9 really does point naturally better for me than my G17. I almost don't want to change the sights out now but eventually will probably have to once I get my can. All I can say is I'm having an absolute blast shooting this thing. Just picked up a couple +4 basebplates from HKParts.net as well...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Awesome job man! I found that I like the grip angle too. I also found that with the small and medium backstrap, when quickly pulling and pointing from holster, I would naturally point a little low. When changing to the large backstrap (even though I have normal size hands, not hamhocks), with the right combination of side straps (forgot what they were) it came up naturally on the money and fits like a glove.

I am no expert by a long shot, but I do know what feels good to me, and I have tried to shoot as many different types of pistols as I can if offered the opportunity. So far, no pistol feels as good in the hand as my P30. Yes it's a little different than the VP9 as far as texture and hand position in relation to the slide and trigger, but I am sure with the grip combos available, I could find the right combo with it also.

I know your a button guy too, but the paddle release for me are just faster and doesn't make me shift my grip like a button does. All in personal preference though and it obviously works for you so who's to argue results right?

Are you thinking of doing the Lazy Wolf Master Reduced Action Package or just buying their drop in trigger system for it?
    Last edited by Adrenaline_6; 12-05-19 at 09:17.

Feedback Score
    I can vouch for the drop in trigger with over travel adjustment, installed in conjunction with the HKparts match sere spring and stock trigger return spring.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I agree. I do have a P30 with 20 mags, though. So that makes it a little easier to get on board.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    Awesome job man! I found that I like the grip angle too. I also found that with the small and medium backstrap, when quickly pulling and pointing from holster, I would naturally point a little low. When changing to the large backstrap (even though I have normal size hands, not hamhocks), with the right combination of side straps (forgot what they were) it came up naturally on the money and fits like a glove.

I am no expert by a long shot, but I do know what feels good to me, and I have tried to shoot as many different types of pistols as I can if offered the opportunity. So far, no pistol feels as good in the hand as my P30. Yes it's a little different than the VP9 as far as texture and hand position in relation to the slide and trigger, but I am sure with the grip combos available, I could find the right combo with it also.

I know your a button guy too, but the paddle release for me are just faster and doesn't make me shift my grip like a button does. All in personal preference though and it obviously works for you so who's to argue results right?

Are you thinking of doing the Lazy Wolf Master Reduced Action Package or just buying their drop in trigger system for it?
    Ya know...I've been looking at Lazy Wolf's services quite a bit lately but part of me says don't fix what ain't broken. I really really like the way this gun shoots as is and that's the honest truth. If I had to nit-pick I would admit a shorter reset would be nice but so far it doesn't seem to be slowing me down any. I use the medium side panels and small backstrap which is kind of strange because while I don't have overly humongous hands, I do wear size XL gloves. But that combo points great for me and I love how it allows my hand to sit deeper in to the gun.

Now on to something else I've been pondering...my main CCW pistol is an old Sig P232 (please, no .380 debate) and while it has served me well and has sentimental value to me I'm thinking it might be time for a change there also. Before the VP9 entered my life I was looking closely at the new CZ P-10 S. However, I think it would be crazy to not consider the VP9SK now. If any of you have experience with the SK (or the P-10 S) please share.

Anyway, it appears that rain and snow is heading to my neck of the woods this weekend which probably means no trigger time. Huge bummer!
    Last edited by Jonnyt16; 12-08-19 at 18:00.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyt16 View Post
    Ya know...I've been looking at Lazy Wolf's services quite a bit lately but part of me says don't fix what ain't broken. I really really like the way this gun shoots as is and that's the honest truth. If I had to nit-pick I would admit a shorter reset would be nice but so far it doesn't seem to be slowing me down any. I use the medium side panels and small backstrap which is kind of strange because while I don't have overly humongous hands, I do wear size XL gloves. But that combo points great for me and I love how it allows my hand to sit deeper in to the gun.

Now on to something else I've been pondering...my main CCW pistol is an old Sig P232 (please, no .380 debate) and while it has served me well and has sentimental value to me I'm thinking it might be time for a change there also. Before the VP9 entered my life I was looking closely at the new CZ P-10 S. However, I think it would be crazy to not consider the VP9SK now. If any of you have experience with the SK please share.

Anyway, it appears that rain and snow is heading to my neck of the woods this weekend which probably means no trigger time. Huge bummer!
    A VP9SK with night sights from the factory is my CCW gun (I also carried a full size VP9 for a couple years that has since been mostly reassigned to bedside duty with a TLR-1HL on it). I'd have to check my log but I believe I have about 4200 rounds through the SK. I've had three "malfunctions" that I'm pretty sure were my fault and not the gun. The carry/HD load in both VPs is currently standard pressure Federal 147gr HST (prior to September I was using 147gr Golden Sabers)
    Now I am not a particularly strong handgun shooter, I don't have much "natural" pistol shooting ability and have to shoot pretty regularly to avoid backsliding, so take what I say with a grain of salt, but my impression is that i actually shoot the SK somewhat better than the full sized VP9.
    I shoot the SK best with the 13 round mag with the grip extension. The downside is that the gap between grip and extension often pinches the shit out of my pinkie finger, to the point where I end up with blood blisters sometimes (I had this problem when i had a G26 years back) I think I'd really like a VP9 variant with an SK-length barrel/slide and a grip that's the same length of the SK grip + 13rd mag extension but it probably wouldn't make much commercial sense for HK to release such a model.
    I've honestly considered getting a Glock 48 and transitioning over to that, and still might at some point, although it's unlikely i would get rid of either VP9 as they are both good, proven guns in terms of function so they are worth keeping around even if I were to go in a different direction with regard to a carry gun.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast