Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PWS enhanced buffer tube mod 2

Feedback Score

PWS enhanced buffer tube mod 2

I’ve skimmed multiple threads and didn’t see anything relating to my specific question. I can’t foresee any compatibility issues but I want ask before I buy.

I already built my upper, Noveske G3 (Stubborn Mule GFY-15) receiver and MLOK kit with Noveske Afghan barrel and LMT E-BCG. I’m almost set on getting the PWS E-buffer tube and running a Geissele Super 42 H1 kit and I have a Superlative Arms adjustable gas block. I can’t imagine any possible gassing issue I can’t solve with this setup (yes, overkill I know). My question is does anyone think I’ll run into any compatibility issues with the Noveske G3 receiver, LMT E-bolt and PWS E-buffer? All three of these components are excellent overkill, just want to know if anyone has any firsthand knowledge of any of these components no playing nice with each other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Specifically I’m looking for responses that either say Noveske G3 + LMT E-Bolt + PWS E-buffer caused problems or gave benefits, thanks all...

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Disclaimer: I have no personal experience with any of your listed components.

I don't think the buffer tube in itself will cause issues if in-spec.
    LMT BCG/bolt needs testing for each rifle/barrel. Some run fine, others might have issues. Noveske is generously gassed, so I don't think that will be an issue.

I like and use a lot of Geissele's products, but I see little to no value in their buffer configuration. It's one of the things I will not even try. To me it simply sounds like a marketing on their part rather than an actual improvement. If you already set on a carbine buffer I would go with the trusted and tested setup Sprinco Blue (or a mil-spec spring) + H2 or H1. But my no. 1 choice would be a Vltor A5 setup which has been 100% reliable for me. I personally haven't shot a regular carbine setup in over 3 years since I switched to A5. Nothing against a carbine setup - that's more of a matter of personal preference, more than anything.

Aero also started to make an enhanced buffer tube with the retainer tab which I might play with. https://www.aeroprecisionusa.com/ar1...ne-buffer-tube
    Not sure if it's the same concept as PWS.
    Last edited by alx01; 11-23-19 at 01:11.

Feedback Score
    I run the super 42 in almost all my Ars and they are great. I have one on a PWS buffer tube and it is fine also. The thing is rifles are all different. I recently put the Vltor A5 on a lower build and wanted to test it on some of my 11.5's. I ran three different 11.5's, and LMT, DD, and a custom one and NONE of them would lock the bolt back on the last rd. using the H0 buffer and vltor spring. I swapped lowers to the super 42 and all of them worked 100% as usual. So, to me using it on any of my 11" guns is a no go. I tried three different mags as well and also tried higher pressure ammo and still did not lock back. Super 42 locks back on even 223 Remington ammo. But the A5 works on my 16" LMT fine.

Grab the Geissle next week on sale.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shootdr1 View Post

Next week huh... thanks for nothin’. My SD-E arrives today

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by shootdr1 View Post
    I run the super 42 in almost all my Ars and they are great. I have one on a PWS buffer tube and it is fine also. The thing is rifles are all different. I recently put the Vltor A5 on a lower build and wanted to test it on some of my 11.5's. I ran three different 11.5's, and LMT, DD, and a custom one and NONE of them would lock the bolt back on the last rd. using the H0 buffer and vltor spring. I swapped lowers to the super 42 and all of them worked 100% as usual. So, to me using it on any of my 11" guns is a no go. I tried three different mags as well and also tried higher pressure ammo and still did not lock back. Super 42 locks back on even 223 Remington ammo. But the A5 works on my 16" LMT fine.

Your experience runs counter to every person I know with A5. You either have an incorrectly installed A5 or have an out of spec lower (or both). 11.5" would require an A5H2 or A5H3 buffer. A5H0 might be too light for a gassy barrel.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tanktop View Post
    Next week huh... thanks for nothin’. My SD-E arrives today

Did you not know that companies tend to host sales just after thanksgiving?

Quote Originally Posted by alx01 View Post
    Your experience runs counter to every person I know with A5. You either have an incorrectly installed A5 or have an out of spec lower (or both). 11.5" would require an A5H2 or A5H3 buffer. A5H0 might be too light for a gassy barrel.
    Agreed, something about that is off.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

PWS enhanced buffer tube mod 2

Double
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Did you not know that companies tend to host sales just after thanksgiving?

Agreed, something about that is off.

Got the notification it was delivered only to find out it wasn’t. Noveske put it together with their upgraded LPK upon request, doubt it’ll go on sale next week anyway. This whole build is overkill and I know a Noveske LPK is unnecessary but I’ll know what’s in there, need one Gucci gun in the safe.

Already ran the upper on a lower with the A5 and with gas wide open it shot soft as butter. It’s an Afghan barrel (kinda pig) with a Warcomp and a Superlative adjustable gas block and LMT E-bolt. All my others are 16” with A5’s, this one with 14.5” pinned and carbine length buffer will almost feel like an SBR to me. While no lightweight I’m hoping it’ll be my softest shooter while running like a Ferrari!

Currently my softest shooter is a 16” gunner barreled Spikes with a A5 and SureFire SOCOM brake. Featherweight that shoots like a 10/22 sub MOA until it’s warm but pisses everyone else off at the range. I want this new build to be built like a tank, handle like an SBR and shoot to 400 yards sub MOA all day.

Feedback Score
    You guys are funny! Nothing is off about it. I have built literally dozens of ARs and have been a firearms instructor for probably 20 years, trained literally a few thousand LEOs with AR rifles, so I am 100% positive I did not install the buffer wrong!!!!!!! Plus I tried the Vltor A5 H2 as well and a no go as well. Swap the lower to a 16" lmt and a WOA build I just did and they work great, lock back etc... Not sure what else to say about it but it did not work for me. Out of 3 different 11.5" uppers it did not lock back with the H0 or H2, factory Vltor spring, with light Remington .223 or 5.56 pressure ammo. Swap lowers- and each one locked back. So, 100% sure the lower is not out of spec and buffer and spring are fine or there would be issues in the other two rifles I tried. It is not a big deal fellas- every gun is different and I do not care at all it did not work out since I used that lower on another LMT rifle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast