Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PWS enhanced buffer tube mod 2

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Personally, I would have tried another rifle spring. I have used BCM and Colt rifle springs with A5 systems.

Either every one of your 11.5” uppers is severely under gassed (unlikely), you installed something incorrectly (I assume unlikely), or there is a wrong/out of spec component, possibly a buffer component.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

PWS enhanced buffer tube mod 2

Quote Originally Posted by shootdr1 View Post
    I run the super 42 in almost all my Ars and they are great. I have one on a PWS buffer tube and it is fine also. The thing is rifles are all different. I recently put the Vltor A5 on a lower build and wanted to test it on some of my 11.5's. I ran three different 11.5's, and LMT, DD, and a custom one and NONE of them would lock the bolt back on the last rd. using the H0 buffer and vltor spring. I swapped lowers to the super 42 and all of them worked 100% as usual. So, to me using it on any of my 11" guns is a no go. I tried three different mags as well and also tried higher pressure ammo and still did not lock back. Super 42 locks back on even 223 Remington ammo. But the A5 works on my 16" LMT fine.

Grab the Geissle next week on sale.
    For starters I would never use an H0 in any SBR. There are a gazillion threads on this forum that all point to an H2 or H3 (depending on if you’re using a can or not) and that system working 100% of the time - unless there’s some underlying problem. I’ve used A5’s in almost every build from AR-15’s to AR-10’s, all 100% functional as long as I do my part in using the RIGHT parts and they are also quality parts. In the rare case where I was used an adj. GB, making sure it was tuned correctly. I’m not talking about 2 or 3 but upwards of 10 SBR’s that except for a couple that used a PDW stock and had a proprietary buffer/ spring were all A5 setups and run flawlessly.
    So if you are trying to use an H0 in a 11.5 and I’ve owned a couple few 11.5’s, I would say that’s more operator headspace and timing and you did not use the correct buffer. A common setup for a short barrel setup is an H2/3 & Sprinco Green spring, but I’ve had solid success using an H2/3 with the A5 rifle spring.
    Spending $50 on a spring when a standard rifle spring works makes zero sense to me as does using an incorrect setup as a basis for recommending other parts the OP need not purchase.

ETA: most of the BCG’s are enhanced LMT’s with a Sionxics bolt completion kit or a standard LMT bolt from an L7D3 BCG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RobertTheTexan; 11-27-19 at 09:08.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I would just add that the number of individuals here on M4C who have built rifles or modified their complete rifles with an A5 H2/3 and green spring or rifle spring, and have a 100% functioning rifle are waaaaaaaaay more than what any one person has done. (This discussion has been posted ad nauseam) I know that’s kind of obvious but thought I would state the obvious in case it’s not very obvious, which it didn’t appear to e as obvious as one would hope.
    A test case of 1 vs. an entire boatload of AR’s that do work still supports my comment that it makes no sense to recommend a different setup.

"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    I would just add that the number of individuals here on M4C who have built rifles or modified their complete rifles with an A5 H2/3 and green spring or rifle spring, and have a 100% functioning rifle are waaaaaaaaay more than what any one person has done. (This discussion has been posted ad nauseam) I know that’s kind of obvious but thought I would state the obvious in case it’s not very obvious, which it didn’t appear to e as obvious as one would hope.
    A test case of 1 vs. an entire boatload of AR’s that do work still supports my comment that it makes no sense to recommend a different setup.

There’s also a ton of other users I know of in a FB group that have the same positive results - I’m honestly not sure if I’ve heard anyone had one that didn’t work and it could be legitimately pointed to the A5.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score

PWS enhanced buffer tube mod 2

Just responding to the several comments directly above, are you responding to my questions or other comments in the thread?

My specific question is, Noveske G3 receiver set is a little out of spec, as is the LMT E-bolt and the PWS E-buffer tube. Aside from being mildly out of spec does anyone thing those parts may conflict with one another.

Aside from that question I’m running an over gassed Noveske Afghan 14.5” barrel with an adjustable gas block and plan to run a Geissele Super 42, probably with an H1 buffer. I think I’ll find enough pressure to cycle, maybe a dwell issue if I was to run full auto but unfortunately I don’t have that problem.

Last edited by tanktop; 11-28-19 at 10:35.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tanktop View Post
    Just responding to the several comments directly above, are you responding to my questions or other comments in the thread?

My specific question is, Noveske G3 receiver set is a little out of spec, as is the LMT E-bolt and the PWS E-buffer tube. Aside from being mildly out of spec does anyone thing those parts may conflict with one another.
    Should run fine once fas system is tuned
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12