Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: DA/SA Preferences

Feedback Score
    Sig, I carry a P227 Gen2 SAS carry.

Feedback Score
    i love my fnx 9. imo, its one of the best dasa blasters ever made. very reliable, sa trigger is fast as hell, ergonomics are solid and extremely low bore axis for a dasa. try one

Feedback Score
    I like SIG, SIG P 220 pacifically. I prefer SIG's decker over any slide mounted decocker/safety.

I like Beretta 92 well enough, if it's a "G" or "D" model. I dislike the slide mounted safety/decocker.

Feedback Score
    SIG P225A1 is the best out of box DA/SA I have experienced. The short reset trigger, which is still not that short, is smooth. Not much of a fan of the company, but they have the intellectual property to make a great pistol.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I picked up a P07 using the CZ military program for just under $400. I’ve had three outings with it and just under 800 rounds through it. It is a very accurate pistol, the most accurate polymer DA/SA pistol I have ever shot. I’m going to order a CGW trigger return spring, firing pin, and firing pin retaining pin. After doing some research and calling both CZ and CGW the factory trigger return spring and firing pin retaining pin are the main failure points of this pistol. CZ said dry firing is not recommended with this pistol without the use of an o-ring placed around the end of the firing pin to absorb the impact from the hammer. This is a fun pistol to shoot, which is the reason I bought it. I plan on running it as hard as my wallet will allow. I appreciate all your inputs and will update if I experience any issues.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    For DA SA I prefer the Sig P series.
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    DA/SA?
    Beretta M9
    My trusty old G17 is still my primary go-to...
    But my M9 has as many if not more rounds than my G17...
    I love that old M9... she's a sexy little beast that I would trust anytime. Kinda like a chubby farm gal... Beautiful to me.
    DA/SA... M9/FS92... all day, every day.
    “Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!” Isaiah 5:20

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dirkmagurk View Post
    I picked up a P07 using the CZ military program for just under $400. I’ve had three outings with it and just under 800 rounds through it. It is a very accurate pistol, the most accurate polymer DA/SA pistol I have ever shot. I’m going to order a CGW trigger return spring, firing pin, and firing pin retaining pin. After doing some research and calling both CZ and CGW the factory trigger return spring and firing pin retaining pin are the main failure points of this pistol. CZ said dry firing is not recommended with this pistol without the use of an o-ring placed around the end of the firing pin to absorb the impact from the hammer. This is a fun pistol to shoot, which is the reason I bought it. I plan on running it as hard as my wallet will allow. I appreciate all your inputs and will update if I experience any issues.
    It is VERY hard to NOT shoot the CZ P07 well. It is too easy in many ways, and likely the easiest gun out of HK, SIG, even P99 for me. If you need to slicken the trigger use the stickies on the CZ Forum. Although I will say that polishing the REAR of the trigger bar is the most critical and not greatly emphasized. If you use the CGW extended FP you must use a lighter hammer spring - 18 LB max.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m4brian View Post
    It is VERY hard to NOT shoot the CZ P07 well. It is too easy in many ways, and likely the easiest gun out of HK, SIG, even P99 for me. If you need to slicken the trigger use the stickies on the CZ Forum. Although I will say that polishing the REAR of the trigger bar is the most critical and not greatly emphasized. If you use the CGW extended FP you must use a lighter hammer spring - 18 LB max.
    This pistol is most definitely underrated. I’m running a CGW 15 LB hammer spring now with no issues but also picked up their 18 LB spring just in case. The P07 is one of the pistols that actually lives up to the hype, if you’re on the fence about picking one up my advice is go for it!

Feedback Score
    Definitely preferred the P226 sig, the single action trigger is fantastic, and the lack of safety is why I like it

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast