Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DA/SA Preferences

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

DA/SA Preferences

I’m just curious what everyone’s DA/SA pistol preference is. The vast majority of my experience with the type is on the M9/92 series. I’m looking to pick up another DA/SA pistol, strongly considering a CZ P01 after shooting a friends with the CGW trigger kit. All opinions are appreciated!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    The CZ P07/09 with Omega trigger can be made really nice with CGW parts and a little polishing.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    My preferred main carry gun is the CZ P07. I shoot it well, shoot it as well as $3000 custom 1911. It is factory except for the front night sight and lighter hammer spring that I installed.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    If I couldn’t carry a Glock I’d want to carry a Beretta. Ideally a Langdon 92. I could also be happy with a Wilson Brig-Tac or M9A3.
    Before you suggest that licensing, background checks, or other restrictions for the 2nd Amendment are reasonable... Apply those same ideas to the 1st and 4th Amendments. Then tell me how reasonable they are.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I've got thousands of rounds through CZs and have SIGs and even a P30...

I've also shot the CZ Compact and USED to have a P01. From all this, if I had ONE HiCap 9, it would be the P07 without thinking more than a microsecond. Here is why: reasonably small and lightweight, yet EASIEST to shoot well and fast. EXTREMELY reliable (except the TRS below). The grip tends to LOCK in at just the right angle, and it is the easiest to adjust to and shoot double taps and strings very easily. Also, if you cannot make the trigger in DA fairly smooth and light, it is much harder to shoot well. And the P07 is simply easy to work on and swap in just the right amount of CGW parts to get what you want. You can even go all out and change out the hammer and get rid of camming. But even for the price of the short reset kit, you can get a VERY shootable trigger, and you WILL shoot it accurately. I cannot say enough about the grip and shooting the gun. When I tried the P07 in the LGS, I did not like what I felt. The P01 and 75 series in general have really nice grips, and seem to fill the hand more. But the slimness of the P07 helps in shooting, but getting your hand really wrenched in, and also assists in getting to the mag release easily. While I might be able to slow fire my PreB better, the P07 is easier to hit with speed and the 75 is a 34 oz. steel gun. Thus, I would likely shoot it better than a P01.

Another thing to your OP. The 75 series decocker as on the P01 is a PITA. It is 'in the way' of a high thumbs grip - doable - yes, but not as nice as the Omega. Also, while the 75 series has the potential to get to a 'higher level' of smoothness from polishing because of the double trigger bars, etc., the conventional decocker is a PITA to work on. I tried it once and I won't do it again. Keep in mind that I normally have to remove the FCG on a CZ to replace the Achilles heal of a trigger return spring (TRS), so if the TRS goes in your P07, its easy peasy. Not so with the P01.

I WOULD consider getting a P01 Omega for the above reasons, but have trouble believing I'd shoot it any better than the superb P07.

I like it so much. I even keep it in the 'pole position' given the inferior CZ TRS.

ONE caveat - buy IN PERSON - even if you spend $75-100 more. It is amazing the difference you can feel from gun to gun in a CZ P series.
    Last edited by m4brian; 11-23-19 at 15:18.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dirkmagurk View Post
    I’m just curious what everyone’s DA/SA pistol preference is. The vast majority of my experience with the type is on the M9/92 series. I’m looking to pick up another DA/SA pistol, strongly considering a CZ P01 after shooting a friends with the CGW trigger kit. All opinions are appreciated!
    What is the pistol for?
    What other pistols do you have?

Tanfolio, CZ, Beretta are all easy to shoot, reliable, and can have great triggers.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    What is the pistol for?
    What other pistols do you have?

Tanfolio, CZ, Beretta are all easy to shoot, reliable, and can have great triggers.
    It’s just a for fun pistol to play around with something new. My pistols for serious use are Glocks but I’ve had just about every polymer striker fired pistol made at one time or another. I have tens of thousands of rounds through Berettas and can shoot them better than most. I’m just bored and after trying out a CZ P01 got an urge to pick up another DA/SA pistol.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m4brian View Post
    I've got thousands of rounds through CZs and have SIGs and even a P30...

I've also shot the CZ Compact and USED to have a P01. From all this, if I had ONE HiCap 9, it would be the P07 without thinking more than a microsecond. Here is why: reasonably small and lightweight, yet EASIEST to shoot well and fast. EXTREMELY reliable (except the TRS below). The grip tends to LOCK in at just the right angle, and it is the easiest to adjust to and shoot double taps and strings very easily. Also, if you cannot make the trigger in DA fairly smooth and light, it is much harder to shoot well. And the P07 is simply easy to work on and swap in just the right amount of CGW parts to get what you want. You can even go all out and change out the hammer and get rid of camming. But even for the price of the short reset kit, you can get a VERY shootable trigger, and you WILL shoot it accurately. I cannot say enough about the grip and shooting the gun. When I tried the P07 in the LGS, I did not like what I felt. The P01 and 75 series in general have really nice grips, and seem to fill the hand more. But the slimness of the P07 helps in shooting, but getting your hand really wrenched in, and also assists in getting to the mag release easily. While I might be able to slow fire my PreB better, the P07 is easier to hit with speed and the 75 is a 34 oz. steel gun. Thus, I would likely shoot it better than a P01.

Another thing to your OP. The 75 series decocker as on the P01 is a PITA. It is 'in the way' of a high thumbs grip - doable - yes, but not as nice as the Omega. Also, while the 75 series has the potential to get to a 'higher level' of smoothness from polishing because of the double trigger bars, etc., the conventional decocker is a PITA to work on. I tried it once and I won't do it again. Keep in mind that I normally have to remove the FCG on a CZ to replace the Achilles heal of a trigger return spring (TRS), so if the TRS goes in your P07, its easy peasy. Not so with the P01.

I WOULD consider getting a P01 Omega for the above reasons, but have trouble believing I'd shoot it any better than the superb P07.

I like it so much. I even keep it in the 'pole position' given the inferior CZ TRS.

ONE caveat - buy IN PERSON - even if you spend $75-100 more. It is amazing the difference you can feel from gun to gun in a CZ P series.
    I appreciate the advice, I’m leaning towards a P07 with a CGW trigger kit.

Feedback Score
    If it had to be a DA/SA I'd likely go with a P30 V3 or one of them newfangled OEM Berettas, like the Langdon (I think you get get a 92 compact from Langdon Tact). I shot one of the Wilsons, and the DA pul was very good; 6lbs and very smooth.

Feedback Score
    Beretta 80-series. (Cheetah)

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast