Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: DA/SA Preferences

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I’m done chasing the DA/SA dragon

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dirkmagurk View Post
    I appreciate the advice, I’m leaning towards a P07 with a CGW trigger kit.
    FWIW Mike Pannone likes the P-07. He was shooting one impressively well when I took one of his classes in 2014.

http://www.defensereview.com/cz-p-07...y-knows-about/
    Before you suggest that licensing, background checks, or other restrictions for the 2nd Amendment are reasonable... Apply those same ideas to the 1st and 4th Amendments. Then tell me how reasonable they are.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I've owned them all. SIG classics, CZ P01/Sp01, USP, Walthers, too many to list. Without question my favorite 9mm of any kind to shoot is my Beretta 92G SD. Basically a regular old Beretta with some heavy parts. I haven't modified it, I just shoot it. I suspect I am WAAAAY north of 15k despite my tendency to shoot all kinds of guns ( I need to go in my book and add it up). Just a gloriously smooth, fast and easy gun to shoot well. It is insanely reliable, shoots straight-up garbage reloads, steel cased Russian garbage, etc. It is easy to suppress, and just purrs along. It has survived several waves of gun purges because it is just too damn good. There is no reason to buy any mods. Just shoot the damn thing.

If I ever kill it I will probably pick up a Langdon gun with HD sights.

I guess I am saying, stick with Beretta.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Of course I am a bit biased since I just spent the early afternoon lighting up the plates in my pistol pit with this pizza special....

IMG_3152 by stoiclawyer, on Flickr
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    BACK to the OP - sounds like you want a compact gun that carries nicely and can handle big chores. P07 can do both given the +2 mag extension for 17. It also shoots soft for its size and while more flippy than its big brother the P09, seems to do follow up shots effortlessly. The P09 is soft shooting for sure, and can do 21+1 duty, but not sure I want a big handgun to complement my rifle or not. Me thinks that if I were deploying, I'd want smaller and lighter than a P09 or a M92. Hence, SOCOM elements going with the G19 - just makes sense.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    CZ for the win, all cajuned out and polished internals

Last edited by joedirt199; 11-24-19 at 17:11.

Feedback Score
    I'm a Beretta fan. Shooting an M9 almost exclusively, has a lot of LTT influences.

I did pick up a PX4 compact a couple weeks ago, and I am surprised at how well it shoots. I'll get a holster for it at some point and might even give it a chance at carry, but I doubt it'll replace the 92's.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Out of stuff mentioned here I have some experience, say between 35 and 45,000 rounds altogether through a three - five Berettas - E2, spec'd full 92 Langdon build, 92 Compact, a Wilson Cent Tac, and couple of Langdon PX4CCs, a couple of Tanfos, a couple of Shadow 2s, a P01, a SIG 228, and a P07. I've owned all of thise except for the P07. That's it, I think.

The most fun to shoot is the Tanfo Stock 2 after a trigger job. Also the worst reliability.
    Close second is the Shadow 2, minus the reliability issues.
    The most practical and an incredible fun factor for size is PX4CC.
    The do it all in one package is the Cent Tac.
    You couldn't pay me to shoot the P07.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Beretta 92FS. The Sig SRT is a better trigger, I just didn't/don't want to deal with the reliability issues, so that pistol went on its merry way.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Beretta LTT. Best 92 variant made to date. Especially with Langdon's trigger job and bar.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast