Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: DA/SA Preferences

Feedback Score
    I find all my CZ's and Beretta's have nice DA trigger pulls. But I purchased a pair of S&W Model 5946 DA Only 9 MM pistols last year, and I'm still getting used to them. These were the new one's Cabela's had, that they bought the entire production run from S&W. They had them warehoused as extra replacement guns for their police contracts. But most have moved on to Glock's and the like. So they sold the entire lot to Cabela's.

They are beautiful all Stainless Steel pistols that came with 2016 Trijicon Novack style night sights, and 3, 15 round magazines. But the DA Only pull is really tight. "Police trigger" if you will. After 3 or 4 magazines full your fingers are really tired. But both guns shoot beautifully. One is marked Springfield, Mass. The other Houlton, Maine.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Until about a year ago I had a P229 since 1997. That P229 had a nice, smooth, and consistent double action trigger pull and a nice, crisp single action pull. No safety. It was a great gun, but I moved on, having lost interest in .40 cal as well as hammer-fired double action trigger pulls. I went the opposite direction to a straight single-action only polymer pistol in 9mm (VP9 and PPQ).

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I love Glocks. Love everything about them. Just bought a P07 to try though. Did a lot of dry firing and I think the single action is great bone stock. Too much pre travel but whatever. Double action is heavy but easily fixed with a lighter hammer spring.

Gonna bring my timer and run drills next to a Glock 19 and see how I like it.

Feedback Score
    Tried a Beretta PX 4 Compact Carry with all the Langdon mods but prefer my Glock 19 so I think I will sell it if anyone is looking for one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pstmstr View Post
    Tried a Beretta PX 4 Compact Carry with all the Langdon mods but prefer my Glock 19 so I think I will sell it if anyone is looking for one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Very interesting. I have the same pistol (Langdon Full house PX4CC) and find it to be a pretty amazing handgun. I love being able to block the hammer with my thumb when holstering. I'm curious what you find better in the Glock 19?

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    3rd Generation S&W.

Carried a 1006 for twelve years. One of the few guns I've ever regretted selling.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    My one regret with DA/SA is going down the CZ path and not having the fortitude (or time) to send it off to CGW for their treatment. Water under the bridge, but still dig the P01 until I sold it to fund other projects.

S&W 6904 is one slick handgun for what it is: bobbed hammer, dehorned slide with novak style sights which was progressive for the time. Never shoot it anymore but still enjoy looking at it when I go into the depths of the gun safe.

Now-a-days I just carry a full size HK45 v10 cocked and locked in a milt sparks sns II holster and I enjoy it very much.

Feedback Score
    My choice would be a stock German produced SIG P226 9mil. I've had nothing but trouble free rounds with mine.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    DA/SA is my favorite. I love Beretta 92 models. But, I have hip issues, and I cannot carry the weight. So, I carry an HK P2000 DA/SA in 9mm.

I also have a HK P2000sk DA/SA 9mm that I carry sometimes - but I like the bigger P2000. The P2000 has been my carry gun for 5 years now.

The Walther P99 is also awesome too. Striker fired, but still DA/SA

I had actually owned many of the guns mentioned here by others. The # of guns I have owned over the past 20+ years is now in the 3 digits. So, the ones I have now are my favorites.
    Last edited by ShipWreck; 02-05-20 at 09:49.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Based my experience, my top three DA / SA pistols are:

1: Sig *P228 (West German) or P226 (West German)

2: Beretta *92

3: S&W *39 series or 59 series.

(* = Currently owned)

I have not owned or been issued anything from H&K or CZ. I'd love to shoot both and might change my top 3 opinion after running drills and such. For now I'll stick with what I know.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast