Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Brace Opinions

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well, I decided against the BRN-180S upper...

Not that it is a bad product, but with Black Friday, I got mostly all of the components for a piston AR pistol build for about the price of just the upper. 11.5” Adams Arms upper, which I’m familiar with the AA design from my original AR build.

Did a SBA3 with a traditional buffer tube setup... and likely getting the SplitFix. OAL might be close to allow a vertical grip... which I may do.

I did grab another stripped lower, so might be a project down the line... but rather get a short AR pistol into my truck sooner rather than later.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Gearhead Works Tailhook Mod 1 is made for a pistol RE, not a proprietary RE, the Mod 2 uses a proprietary RE. The Mod 1 is also reversible so it can be used left or right handed.

I'd like see them make a mod 1 with a notch out for standard milspec tubes.
    My mistake, I have two of the Mod 2 braces. Thou shall not post when tired or partaking of adult beverages.
    The Gearhead brace would work well with a standard RE if they chose to produce a compatible model

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    The Tailhook Mod 1 works awesome with the Vltor brand A5 pistol extension. If it were to accidentally touch your shoulder, it would feel an awful lot like a stock. Its about as long as a Colt stock 1 click out. It has a sling swivel cup.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    The Tailhook Mod 1 works awesome with the Vltor brand A5 pistol extension. If it were to accidentally touch your shoulder, it would feel an awful lot like a stock. Its about as long as a Colt stock 1 click out. It has a sling swivel cup.
    That was the set up I had along with a LAW folder, it was the perfect length for me.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunnar da Wolf View Post
    My mistake, I have two of the Mod 2 braces. Thou shall not post when tired or partaking of adult beverages.
    I figured that was probably the deal.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234