Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brace Opinions

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    ...Anyone have a preference or a stay the hell away from?
    been using the HERA with a 22LR upper (my pix below) and like it. very slim, trim, simple and lightweight.

Feedback Score
    115 (100%)
    I sure do like my SBA3.

Feedback Score
    What are the pros and cons fo the SBA3 vs the SBA4? I'm not seeing many SBA4s being used.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi3 View Post
    What are the pros and cons fo the SBA3 vs the SBA4? I'm not seeing many SBA4s being used.
    I've not tried an SBA4. I've got the SBA3 which was already installed on my Bravo Company AR pistol.

SBA4 is larger, heavier, and costs a bit more. The SBA4 could be more comfortable by having a larger surface area.

The QD holes are in different locations which someone may prefer the SBA4 vs. the SBA3.

Another I've not tried is the SBPDW, which costs a bunch more.

Feedback Score
    Duplicate text deleted. Feel free to delete this post.
    Last edited by L-2; 11-25-19 at 17:24.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi3 View Post
    The SBA4 has slightly less tendency for the arms to fold onto each other out of alignment due to the increased stiffness provided by the additional bracing. It is a minor annoyance of the SBA3 to some people. I use both on different pistols.
    ~Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bamashooter View Post
    Hard to beat the SBA3 for a basic, good quality collapsible brace. I have a few and really like them.

Does the SBA3 work with a regular Milspec receiver extension or does it have to be a pistol or propriety RE?
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Does the SBA3 work with a regular Milspec receiver extension or does it have to be a pistol or propriety RE?
    Works with a standard carbine buffer tube.

Op, Lage manufacturing also offers folding mechanisms with the “ace” pattern mounting and has mpx adaptors.

http://www.max-11.com/

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LoboTBL View Post
    The SBA4 has slightly less tendency for the arms to fold onto each other out of alignment due to the increased stiffness provided by the additional bracing. It is a minor annoyance of the SBA3 to some people. I use both on different pistols.
    The SBA3 (which is my favorite brace) is much improved by the addition of a Split Fix. The Split Fix eliminates the arm folding.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    The SBA3 (which is my favorite brace) is much improved by the addition of a Split Fix. The Split Fix eliminates the arm folding.
    I agree. I forgot to mention the Rip Brace which has the added feature of a pre-settable locking position and beveled locking indentations which negate the necessity of operating the lever to extend it.
    ~Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
    Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast