Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brace Opinions

2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Feedback Score
    I don't have a folder. I have several SBA3's. They came with the PSA kits. My Extar has a SB PITAss brace. It requires compressed air to adjust it. The SBA4 is on sale here https://ar15discounts.com/products/s...ilizing-brace/ for $89.99 they ship fast and if you get $10 more stuff it's free shopping.

Have a great safe Turkey day LoboTBL!!

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    No folder here and I run a KAK Shockwave brace. They are adjustable, but not on the fly. Definitely affordable and I like the simplicity. I (personally) like the fact they use a pistol buffer tube - one step farther away from a stock.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    No folder here and I run a KAK Shockwave brace. They are adjustable, but not on the fly. Definitely affordable and I like the simplicity. I (personally) like the fact they use a pistol buffer tube - one step farther away from a stock.
    I have one of those on an AR9. It doesn't hurt your shoulder if you accidentally were to.........you know............. ;-)

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NQNPIII View Post
    I have one of those on an AR9. It doesn't hurt your shoulder if you accidentally were to.........you know............. ;-)
    My son and his friend (grown men) said my Shockwave equipped 5.56 pistol is painful to shoot. I told them they should become hairdressers.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    My son and his friend (grown men) said my Shockwave equipped 5.56 pistol is painful to shoot. I told them they should become hairdressers.
    LOL!!

Feedback Score
    After fondling the SBA3 in a gun store and KAK on a coworker’s pistol I decided to try the Gearhead Works Tailhook Mod 1. It works splendidly as a brace, if you are right handed. It doesn’t hurt if it touches your delicate shoulder and it doesn’t pluck mustache hairs when cheeked. It does use a proprietary buffer tube so you cannot be accused of swapping the brace for a butt stock.
    For my next trick I may buy a LAW folder to make my pistol a bit more portable b

Feedback Score
    Someone explain to me what this split fix/arm folding issue with regards to the SBA3 is exactly?
    "ROLL RIGHT SNIPER!"

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunnar da Wolf View Post
    After fondling the SBA3 in a gun store and KAK on a coworker’s pistol I decided to try the Gearhead Works Tailhook Mod 1. It works splendidly as a brace, if you are right handed. It doesn’t hurt if it touches your delicate shoulder and it doesn’t pluck mustache hairs when cheeked. It does use a proprietary buffer tube so you cannot be accused of swapping the brace for a butt stock.
    For my next trick I may buy a LAW folder to make my pistol a bit more portable b
    Gearhead Works Tailhook Mod 1 is made for a pistol RE, not a proprietary RE, the Mod 2 uses a proprietary RE. The Mod 1 is also reversible so it can be used left or right handed.

I'd like see them make a mod 1 with a notch out for standard milspec tubes.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Gearhead Works Tailhook Mod 1 is made for a pistol RE, not a proprietary RE, the Mod 2 uses a proprietary RE. The Mod 1 is also reversible so it can be used left or right handed.

I'd like see them make a mod 1 with a notch out for standard milspec tubes.
    Looks interesting. It's a thought for the future!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorhunter View Post
    Someone explain to me what this split fix/arm folding issue with regards to the SBA3 is exactly?
    So the SBA3 has what amount to two flexible flaps that are symmetrical and when viewed from the rear, should meet evenly at the bottom edge when not placed on the forearm. There is also an elastic strap with a buckle that goes around the flaps and through slots in order to tighten it when the flaps are in contact with the forearm. When not in that configuration, the bottom edges of the two flaps tend to become misaligned. It's really nothing more than a minor annoyance.

The SplitFix is a length of heavier duty webbing with Velcro that is non-elastic. It replaces the elastic band and tends to keep the misalignment from occurring and is a more secure method when wrapping around the forearm.
    ~Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
    Thomas Jefferson

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast