Thread: New Aero build

Feedback Score

New Aero build

Finished this up Friday. This has been a work in progress over the last few months. The goal was reliability and simplicity. I was going to use DD fixed sights but ended up using Mbus Pros just to have the option for a magnifier. I was really impressed with the Mbus; much smaller than other flip ups and rock solid. I'm still trying to figure out what hand-stop I like but this little nubbie seems to work pretty well. Other than that nothing really ground breaking here but I sighted it in this morning and it's an absolute pleasure to shoot.

Aero Precision M4E1 Threaded upper
    Aero Precision standard stripped lower Gen 2
    Aero Precision LPK
    Aero Precision Quantum 15" Handguard
    Daniel Defense CHF/Chrome lined barrel, "Government Profile" w/ mid length gas
    Surefire Comp
    Radian Raptor Charging Handle
    LBE NiB BCG
    LBE Buffer and tube
    B5 Sopmod
    Eotech EXPS2.0
    Magpul MBUS Pros
    Other Magpul bits

Last edited by OutofBatt3ry; 11-24-19 at 13:16.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Looks good.

What weight buffer?
    What ammo was used and how does it shoot?

Safe to say Aero has upped it's game.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Looks good.

What weight buffer?
    What ammo was used and how does it shoot?

Safe to say Aero has upped it's game.
    Standard 3oz buffer with federal xm193. It's very easy to shoot. I wouldn't say it's soft, but it's definitely smooth. Very little muzzle rise and stays right on target. It's by far my best rifle for shooting offhand; much smoother than my old A2. You could use it all day and not feel fatigued.
    Last edited by OutofBatt3ry; 11-24-19 at 18:00.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    In regard to a handstop, I really like the BCM GUNFIGHTER KAG. I have one on three of my ARs. Here is a KAG on my latest build.

Last edited by Renegade04; 11-25-19 at 12:35.
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade04 View Post
    In regard to a handstop, I really like the BCM GUNFIGHTER KAG. I have one of three of my ARs. Here is a KAG on my latest build.
    Thank you for the suggestion. I have a Strike Industries stop as well but it's too long and bulky. Works great as a stop but it hangs up on bag rests and tore a hole in my last one so now it's sitting a drawer. The local gun shop has an entire isle of stops and forward grips and keep quite a bit of BCM stuff in stock so I'll have to check one out. Nice rifle btw.
    Last edited by OutofBatt3ry; 11-24-19 at 17:59.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Nice Aero-based build!

Agree with the general feeling in the thread, Aero has continued to improve their quality through several generations of their components and have hit a threshold where, for some components, it's legit to use Aero on a 'serious use' rifle.

Have you had any issues or observation of quality concerns around the Aero LPK parts? I did not use Aero LPK in my two recent rifles that have Aero uppers or lower, as I had seen visual flaws in some earlier Aero LPK parts, and I've heard a lot of concerns about their LPK quality.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade04 View Post
    In regard to a handstop, I really like the BCM GUNFIGHTER KAG. I have one on three of my ARs. Here is a KAG on my latest build.
    The KAG is a great inexpensive option. True North’s GripStops are excellent too, though cost more than double.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Very nice! Midlengths are great. We run a 16" mid with an H2 buffer, softest shooting AR in our battery.

I like the Griffin Armament handstop that comes with their rail panel kit. Works very well.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I'll second the KAG, very comfy. Very nice build. My soon to be son-in-law just did an Aero build very similar to yours and he loves it. It's his first.
    RealeyesRealizeRealLies

BCM 16" RECCE MK2 DkBrz, Custom Mk12 Mod1 built by Monty LeClair, 16" Middy w/ HCS RECCE barrel, A5, Young NM BCG, SSP, Geissele NM rail, Ops Inc., Super CH. 14.5" middy Noveske Afghan X3, 10.3" pistol DD barrell, Benelli M4, Ruger 10/22 w/Victor stock, GLOCK 17 Gen 4, Dan Wesson Valor Duty Coat, Dan Wesson Valor Blue, Dan Wesson Silverback 10mm, S&W 27 4"

B Co 4th502nd Inf Reg. '86-'90. 11b
    B Co 3rd187th InfReg. '90-'94. 11b
    Iron Rakkasans

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OutofBatt3ry View Post
    Finished this up Friday. This has been a work in progress over the last few months. The goal was reliability and simplicity. I was going to use DD fixed sights but ended up using Mbus Pros just to have the option for a magnifier. I was really impressed with the Mbus; much smaller than other flip ups and rock solid. I'm still trying to figure out what hand-stop I like but this little nubbie seems to work pretty well. Other than that nothing really ground breaking here but I sighted it in this morning and it's an absolute pleasure to shoot.

I tried a KAG and pretty much hated it - it just didn't work for me. But I didn't hate it as much as I hated the Strike Industries. I had a hard time trying to figure out what the heck they were trying to do. Create a hand stop that could seriously maim a person or what?

Anyway, my go-to handstop is the Naroh Arms. It's not the cheapest nor it is the most expensive, but for how I hold my rail, it is absolutely the most comfortable hand stop I have used. I've tried more than a few trying to get to the one that seemed to be made for my grip and hand.

https://naroharms.com/product/naroh-...1-t6-aluminum/

You built a very nice looking rifle. How does it shoot? How's the accuracy?

I've been using Aero for years and they are not just "coming into quality". They've been making quality parts since I first started using their uppers and lowers. That's pretty much the only parts I use, but I have never had a fit or finish issue with an Aero, which is a lot more than I can say about other much more expensive brands/manufacturers.

Well done though!
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams