Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Winchester 9mm Army round

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mamma View Post
    I am highly skeptical that anyone could get that velocity with M1152 from a standard pistol length barrel (even though the article says it was from a 4.7 inch barrel).
    I'm not. That's neither difficult nor unprecedented.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I wonder if we will see an epidemic of broken pistols in a few years like we do with the M9. Every regional and national event I attend has M9s break their locking blocks. I know a guy who has broken 3, though that is probably a freak string of events for the individual.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Not unreasonable velocities

"In our tests in 1985, XM882 propelled a 124-gr. round-nose FMJ out of the 5" barrel of an M9 at an average of 1273 f.p.s., delivering 446 ft.-lbs. of energy at 15 ft. Using an Oehler Model 43 and firing the new ammunition out of a 4.7"-barreled P320-M17, M1152 with the 115-gr. bullet was at 1326 f.p.s. and 449 ft.-lbs. of energy, while the M1153 clocked 962 f.p.s. with 302 ft.-lbs., both at 15 ft."

So a 124 FMJ at 1273, a 115 FMJ at 1326 or a 147 HP at 962.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    So I'm confused.

I thought they had a contract with sig for ammo. Is winchester making it too?
    Worry less, Train more.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I am not sure Sig has the capacity to fulfill a military contract, likely they are subbing at least some out to Winchester.

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tacticaldesire View Post
    So I'm confused.

I thought they had a contract with sig for ammo. Is winchester making it too?
    Paragraphs 2-4 of the article answer this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I wonder why the Army did not stick with the 147gr hardball they had been using, the stuff that was basically loaded to +P. I bought a slew of it a year or so ago from Brownells, in original Army GI sealed cans, etc.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    You know just dawned on me that by going with a 115 grain they are throwing all pretense of sticking to the NATO standard out the window. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing.

Feedback Score
    Maybe they have a range in some weird combination of the highest elevation with the least dense air but very hot like a mountain on the equator or something.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12