Thread: Daniel Defense Delta 5

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Daniel Defense Delta 5

So, a buddy of mine that is connected with some body somewhere, made me a deal on the Delta 5 that no-one could refuse. Therefore, Im the proud owner of a Delta 5. I had a spare Gen 1 ATACR NF 5-25 sitting around that didn't sell, so it found a home.

My initial impression is that the bolt is silky smooth and the ability to change barrels is cool too. Im still up in the air about the stock. I like the check rest elevation piece and I like how long the stock extends forward. With its 20'inch barrel and long stock it feels like a carbine, kinda cool. Trigger is set at 4lbs from factory, but can and will be set to (much lower) but for me 2.75lbs (my preference). Timney Hunter elite or some such trigger.

After half ass zeroing, (long story) I was able to get on 1,000 and 1,300 with ease. The chamber was too tight to chamber our reloads so I banged on factory fodder. FGGM and TAP 168 ammo. Impressed the 168's soared to 1,300 with ease and consistency.

I still question the rigidity of the stock and they say no bedding required. My question is can I bed it anyway, because if I can I will. Very accurate very cool gun, more data to follow in the coming weeks.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 11-24-19 at 16:38.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"