Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Daniel Defense Delta 5

Feedback Score
    A good .22LR trainer, on a very demanding target like a 50M prone target where the 10 ring is about the same diameter as a .22LR bullet can be a great training aid in mastering the basics. Honestly I think the precision rimfire is more demanding in some respects than high powered rifle disciplines because of the dwell time of the round in the barrel compared to a bullet moving over twice as fast. If you have a poor position, poor follow through, or commit a host of other minor sins the slow moving .22LR match bullet will punish you for it much more than a bullet moving out at 2600fps+.

Now I also agree that being able to get out further and play in the wind, elevation changes, etc presents its own challenge, but I still maintain that a good foundation of mastery of the basics of position, trigger control, sight alignment/sight picture with a good .22LR give a shooter an advantage once they step up to precision rifle at longer distances. How many dudes and gals have you seen try to enter the game not even knowing how to get a solid natural point of aim, and a solid position much less a good follow through and have a tough time hitting challenging but reasonable shots at distance? So many things wrong that you can't even help them nail it down because nothing they are doing is repeatable.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    This is the video of doing a quick barrel swop. Prertty simple, pretty cool.

https://danieldefense.com/delta-5-6....or-barrel.html. Cut copy and paste into your browser.

PBV
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Hey guys. Just wanted to let y'all know that our Pro Model has been released. It has a complete Aluminum Chassis with a lot of features. ARCA Rail w/ Area 419 ARCALOCK, Area 419 3 Port Hellfire Brake, lots of M-LOK, and a ton of adjustability on the stock. There is a thumb rest above the grip which can be installed on either side of chassis and can be positioned where the shooter wants it. Comes from the factory with our Pistol Grip but can also accept any AR Pattern Pistol Grip w/out a beavertail or integrated trigger guard. Trigger is the Timney Elite Hunter Single Stage.

Calibers in include .308 (20"), 6.5CM ( 24" and 26"), and 6mm Creedmoor (26"). The 26" barrels are Varmint Profile. Chassis colors include Black Anodized, Coyote Tan Cerakote, and OD Green Cerakote.

No, we don't have a hinge for it at this time.

1/2 Minute Guarantee.

MSRP is just under the threshold for Production Class PRS Shooters.

Here's a photo of my .308 LE Demo Rifle. The chassis on this gun is a pre-production prototype which doesn't have the ARCALOCK.

IMG_4416.jpg
    Joe Marler
    Law Enforcement Sales Manager

jmarler@danieldefense.com
    www.danieldefense.com

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Nice.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Marler5811 View Post
    Hey guys. Just wanted to let y'all know that our Pro Model has been released. It has a complete Aluminum Chassis with a lot of features. ARCA Rail w/ Area 419 ARCALOCK, Area 419 3 Port Hellfire Brake, lots of M-LOK, and a ton of adjustability on the stock. There is a thumb rest above the grip which can be installed on either side of chassis and can be positioned where the shooter wants it. Comes from the factory with our Pistol Grip but can also accept any AR Pattern Pistol Grip w/out a beavertail or integrated trigger guard. Trigger is the Timney Elite Hunter Single Stage.

Calibers in include .308 (20"), 6.5CM ( 24" and 26"), and 6mm Creedmoor (26"). The 26" barrels are Varmint Profile. Chassis colors include Black Anodized, Coyote Tan Cerakote, and OD Green Cerakote.

No, we don't have a hinge for it at this time.

1/2 Minute Guarantee.

MSRP is just under the threshold for Production Class PRS Shooters.

Here's a photo of my .308 LE Demo Rifle. The chassis on this gun is a pre-production prototype which doesn't have the ARCALOCK.

IMG_4416.jpg
    Man thats a great looking rifle. 1/2 MOA Guarantee is awesome. I want one! I've already spent 8k already this year in 2 guns, 3 optics an Atlas Bipod and ammo but want this too!

Feedback Score
    Outstanding.

Any idea if and when a magnum bolt head and barrels might be available?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Outstanding.

Any idea if and when a magnum bolt head and barrels might be available?
    I'm not really sure, man. It's certainly been a topic of discussion. For now, our focus is on S/A calibers but we intend to continue to the growth of the Delta 5 family.
    Joe Marler

www.danieldefense.com

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Very nice!
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    Marler5811,

I understand staying with short action calibers, but there are a host of very attractive magnum bolt face short action cartridges available that would expand the utility of the platform. That is what I was implying since I didn't make my statement more clear.

For example is a 6.5mm PRC, .300 WSM etc possible or perhaps even a consideration?

Thanks for all the info so far, you guys are putting out a neat product.
    Last edited by Coal Dragger; 09-17-20 at 15:40.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Marler5811,

I understand staying with short action calibers, but there are a host of very attractive magnum bolt face short action cartridges available that would expand the utility of the platform. That is what I was implying since I didn't make my statement more clear.

For example is a 6.5mm PRC, .300 WSM etc possible or perhaps even a consideration?

Thanks for all the info so far, you guys are putting out a neat product.
    I'm trackin' now, man. Sorry. If I'm being completely honest, I'm not familiar enough with those calibers. I've heard of them but I didn't know they were short action calibers. Still learning! Not sure what the next calibers will be for the Delta 5 PRO. Y'all just feed me what you want and I'll be sure to pass it along. It helps to know what our customers are interested in.

S/F
    Joe
    Joe Marler

www.danieldefense.com

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast