Thread: Daniel Defense Delta 5

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Damn dbl tap
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Took out the DDD5, for some more fun and games. Shot another sub .5 inch group. Gun is a laser. Went 1,300 with Hornandy TAP 168 ammo at 19 mils. Really enjoying this gun more than I anticipated. Gotta a carbine feel with some serious legs.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Sounds really good from what I am seeing in this thread. Really need to fondle one!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Once again this gun impressed. I bought some OUTBACK Australian 168 SMK. It shot a ragged hole .5moa easy. What is surprising, is we have had trouble getting 168’s to 1,300 yards. This is the second ammo in 168’s ( other was Tap) that wore out 1300. I mean 3 hits in a row after making one DOPE correction. Very consistent. We could not get 168’s to stabilize on two other guns ?

DD made one hell of a barrel.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 06-20-20 at 20:24.

Feedback Score
    Just got an email from DD about a price reduction on the Delta 5 to $1799.

That seems to take the rifle from innovative and nice in a price bracket filled with innovative and nice rifles, and gets it down into the legitimately very very good deal range. Might have to pick one up now.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    It's still a fairly pricy gun compared to a Bergara. I think Bergara is destroying the market for many of these good gun makers. You can buy a comparable Bergara for $1k. My buddy just bought a Bergara LRP for $1,399 on gunbroker which is a smoking deal. I love my DD but got a smoking deal on it, and I think the quality is OUTSTANDING. I would consider both in your decision.

One plus for the DD, is the quick change barrel system. I'd like to buy a 6.5 barrel for mine one day. Good luck on your decision.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 06-20-20 at 20:34.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Being able to re-barrel my self is a plus, since shooting the snot out of it won’t result in a trip to the factory or a gunsmith to fix. Also the floating bolt head that can be changed out is intriguing for future caliber swaps beyond those based on a .308 WIN bolt face.

A short magnum bolt head and barrel selection would open up the versatility a lot, and bring the cost down for a “system” well below buying another rifle with a magnum bolt face.

Same for a smaller bolt face to run 5.56mm etc.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Being able to re-barrel my self is a plus, since shooting the snot out of it won’t result in a trip to the factory or a gunsmith to fix. Also the floating bolt head that can be changed out is intriguing for future caliber swaps beyond those based on a .308 WIN bolt face.

A short magnum bolt head and barrel selection would open up the versatility a lot, and bring the cost down for a “system” well below buying another rifle with a magnum bolt face.

Same for a smaller bolt face to run 5.56mm etc.
    I absolutely love my Bolt 5.56 gun. Big Time, we shoot that gun so much its just a pleasure. Mine is a Rem700 5R that used to be the shizzle. But I still love it. I would buy a 5.56 barrel in a heartbeat.

PB

Feedback Score
    A bolt 5.56mm with an adjustable stock like the Delta 5 has would be one heck of a marksmanship trainer once my son is old enough.

No recoil, cheap to shoot, can be sized to the shooter, and with any luck very accurate. A logical step up from a good .22LR.

The ability to then expand to more capable calibers as discussed above just furthers the relative cost savings.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    They really are the best trainers. You can shoot far and learn wind......where .22LR really is more limited.

PB

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast