Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Daniel Defense Delta 5

Feedback Score
    Understandable those are cartridges you don’t typically see in gas operated semi-auto rifles.

The short action magnums like 6.5mm PRC, 300 WSM family (7mm WSM, .300 WSM, .325 WSM), and Ruger Compact Magnum family all use the ubiquitous .532” case head diameter of the .375 H&H that almost all the standard Kong action magnums like .300 Winchester also use.

Look at it this way, they should fit in the Delta 5 short action, and magazines already exist for them in AICS pattern. So from a development standpoint some of the grunt work is already done.

The 6.5mm PRC is going to sling 140-147gr pills at 2900-3000fps maxing out the speed limit in PRS or NRL.

The Winchester short magnum family basically duplicate the ballistics of their long/standard action magnum counterparts with equivalent bullet weights.

So we’re talking about a useful step up in power and down range performance with a bolt face, barrel, and magazine swap.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Nice looking new release, looks a lot like my Bergara and that is good company. 1/2 inch is a solid guarantee. My DDD5 is sub half inch gun so I'm sure this will be a hot product.

I would look into a LA 300WM and 300PRC. I understand you are hot on Police contracts with SA calibers bc they dont need 1,500 yard gun. So I get it, but if you want to attract the tactical crowd they want loooong range in many instances.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Nice looking new release, looks a lot like my Bergara and that is good company. 1/2 inch is a solid guarantee. My DDD5 is sub half inch gun so I'm sure this will be a hot product.

I would look into a LA 300WM and 300PRC. I understand you are hot on Police contracts with SA calibers bc they dont need 1,500 yard gun. So I get it, but if you want to attract the tactical crowd they want loooong range in many instances.

PB
    Pappa Bear - what kind of accuracy are you getting from your Bergara with factory loads? I’m not a reloaded but My Bergara Pro is getting MOA to a little sub MOA. My best group is probably .7 with FGMM 168 grain. I’ve been slightly disappointed in the accuracy.. which is dumb but I have gas guns very similar in accuracy. Was really hoping for a .5 gun or better. But not there yet. I’m only 500 rounds or so in so hoping this tightens a little. I’m really liking the New DDD5 and probably going to pull the trigger when it’s available.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Devil, this is a DD5 thread but we can delve into the Bergara if you wish. Interesting question you asked about my Bergara becaue I persuaeded a friend to buy the Beragara LRP and I gave him some cheap S&B 140 grain BTHP rounds. He started shooting and I said put 3 on paper before going to 500, he clover leafed 3 rounds into a .3 moa .25 moa group. It was crazy but I have shot many sub .5 moa groups with my Bergara.

I always say my gun is probably better than me and probably better than you. You should also try differnt ammo, like Hornandy ELD's if you have not and different weights. But I'm at a point if I'm getting sub moa , I'm good. I know its nice to shoot an excellent sub half groups but moa is good enough.

Good luck with your Bergara, which one do you own?

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Devil, this is a DD5 thread but we can delve into the Bergara if you wish. Interesting question you asked about my Bergara becaue I persuaeded a friend to buy the Beragara LRP and I gave him some cheap S&B 140 grain BTHP rounds. He started shooting and I said put 3 on paper before going to 500, he clover leafed 3 rounds into a .3 moa .25 moa group. It was crazy but I have shot many sub .5 moa groups with my Bergara.

I always say my gun is probably better than me and probably better than you. You should also try differnt ammo, like Hornandy ELD's if you have not and different weights. But I'm at a point if I'm getting sub moa , I'm good. I know its nice to shoot an excellent sub half groups but moa is good enough.

Good luck with your Bergara, which one do you own?

PB
    Thanks Pappa. Staying on the DD5 track just kind of benchmarking the DD5 guarantee of at least .5 MOA which is awesome vs the Bergara since you have both. My Bergara is the HMR Pro and is 308. I’ve shot heavy Fusion bullets and they grouped about 2 inches. 177 grain FGMM and they were about 1 MOA and 168 grain FGMM has been .7 a 1 MOA (unless I screw up). I know realistically for what I do hunting and ranges out to a little over 500 yards the MOS Vs slightly sub MOA Vs the DD5 at .5 or better won’t really effect anything. But I can basically duplicate my Bergara with my precision AR which I was hoping for a little better. I shot a buddies savage and gun and optics on his savage was about 1/3 the price of the Bergara and optics and we both shot the savage slightly better with FGMM. Anyway appreciate the feedback.. I’m hoping to justify a 3rd bolt gun so i can get the DD5 😂

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Buy the gun in 6.5 and now you have a great excuse. I think the 6.5 is even more inherently accurate than 308. But both are accurate rounds.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    After DD comes out with a Delta 5 Pro in 6 mm ARC, I would really like to see them offer a Delta 5 Pro 6mm ARC 18” inch replacement barrel option that has a little lighter profile , somewhat similar to the barrels used in the Sig Cross rifle.
    Last edited by Biggy; 03-12-22 at 11:26.

Feedback Score
    Really wish they would make a wronghanded version for people like me

Feedback Score
    Finally laid hands on a Delta 5 Pro today in 6.5CM with the 24” H-Palma contour barrel.

Unfortunately the gun had a trigger lock on it, but aside from not being able to dry fire it I was really pretty impressed. Seems like a lot of rifle for the money. If it had been a 6CM I would have bought it. As it is I’m strongly considering buying it anyway.

Feedback Score
    Curious on the best barrel profile and length?
    primary bench rest and suppressed?
    18 or 26 Varmint or 24HPALMA?
    Range goes out to 1100plus.
    Or which ever i can find in Stock?

I doubt if I ever put enough rounds through it to worry about rebarreling.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345