Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pin & Weld

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have done both. I currently have Four (4) pin and weld 14.5s, and two (2) SBRs. Each have their merits, but if I had to chose only one, I would go with the Pin and Weld for lack of hassle and paying the government $200 per lower.
    Last edited by kyjd75; 11-26-19 at 17:11.

Feedback Score
    It's not just the BATFE you have to worry about. Local, county and state police can jam you up just about as bad. I pin and weld mine and leave the weld visible and dab some dark greyish paint over it.

Just my $.02, NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    If I was going to SBR something (I haven't) it would be a truly "short" barrel, like 10.3" or 11.5". For a 14.5" I'd just pin and weld, not worth the NFA hassle.

I can also highly recommend John Thomas. Actually answers his phone, good price, excellent work, and unbelievable turnaround time.

I think leaving the weld on a P/W job ever-so-slightly visible is prudent. I'm talking you have to look close at it to notice.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    I have used JT for many of my projects to include pin and weld on a few 14.5” SOCOM barrels. JT’s work is fantastic, and I am sending in a Colt SOCOM upper to him so he can pin and weld the flash hider with a KAC spacer (making it 16.1”)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12