Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
This always seemed like a tough scenario I couldn't come up with acceptable answers for besides, "get out if you can".

So I created this thread for comments and ideas.

It seems that if you see it coming you may be able to draw and start shooting as the bad guys enter the place. But if you have those few seconds you're probably better off using them to MOVE out.

If they come in shooting or want to tie people up / search everybody then your in a real pickle.
I think you also need to be aware of what is/has been going on in your AO.

As an example, if I was by the walk-ins in a local convenience store and an armed robbery went down, my actions would be initially be influenced by the recent history of armed robberies in the AO.

As an example, if the most recent cases have involved the clerks being harmed, the armed robber probably wouldn't even know he'd been in a rather one-sided gun fight. On the other hand, if the history is that the last year's worth of armed robbers have done nothing to harm the clerk's, I'm likely to hunker down and wait.

You have to do what you think is best and live with the outcome. You are on the right track thinking scenarios through before hand, better than making it up on the fly.