Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hunting Scope Suggestions Under $400 - Scope Purchased

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    One thing to consider is they just recently announced they are getting out of the scop optics market. Not sure how that would affect warranty/support etc... I would see least look into this
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    Nikon will still honor the warranty, supposedly - not sure how that works after they run out of spare scopes or parts.

Ugh, I wasn't aware of this... I guess this explains the screaming deals on X1000 and FX1000 scopes.

FWIW, Nikon's customer support thus far has been terrific in my experience. I've bugged them for little things like turret caps, and they've been very quick and helpful.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I would like to thank everyone for their input.

I rolled the dice and ordered a Nikon Monarch 5 2-10x42 on clearance for two bills.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 02-05-20 at 20:15.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    I rolled the dice and ordered a Nikon Monarch 5 2.5-10x42 on clearance for two bills.
    That's a great scope at a fabulous price... I have two of them, and I paid more like the $300, after a lot of shopping around.

I just pulled the trigger on a Nikon Black X1000, illuminated, for $387 shipped...

Feedback Score
    SWFA fixed 6x is the way to go for a budget hunting optic. Great glass, undeniably dependable in terms of durability, tracking, return to zero, maintaining zero, etc. Great field of view and enough magnification to take pretty damn far shots on game. I’d trust it over any scope close to the same price point.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Vortex Diamondback with EBR reticle FFP

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Vortex Diamondback with EBR reticle FFP

PB
    I know there are a lot of FFP fans and understand the purpose/use for long range shooting. I also get why hunters flocked to the SFP variables when they became available.

It's hard to find a reticle that's actually useful on 2X and 10X, for example.

I have a Vortex Viper PST 2.5-10x32 on an AR, and that's where it will stay. Give me a reticle that remains the same size for a pure hunting rifle.
    Andy

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I took the rifle to the range for zeroing yesterday. The Monarch is very bright/sharp/clear, it will be interesting to compare it to my Vortex HS 2.5-10x44 scoped rifle.

I'm very pleased with it for the price and will use the money I saved on a much needed Rifle Basix trigger for my M77 MKII.

Andy

P.S. I spent the last year or so mainly shooting 5.56/.223 out of bolt guns/ARs. I squeezed the first 30-06 round off with the butt lightly touching my shoulder - holy crap!

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Think-"tight/compact" Andy. ( :
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    Arken Optics SH-4 4-14X44, with ZERO stop and glass etched reticle. And its price is within your budget. You can give it a try.

https://www.arkenoptics.com/sh-4-14x...pe-p00094.html

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234