Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Show us Your Best Groups with the LMT MWS

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Show us Your Best Groups with the LMT MWS

I'd like to see how others are doing with their LMT MWS rifles. Please post your best groups from your's and let us know what ammo you are using, the configuration of the rifle, etc.

LMT MWS .308 with 20" SS barrel. Fat Bastard Brake. Geissele SSA trigger. Nightforce NXS 2.5-20 scope. LMT DMR stock, bench rested with Harris Bipod and rear bag.

Ammo: is PRIME .308 175 HPBT

Weather: 45 degrees, slight breeze east to west. Target was 1.5" red dot at 100 yards.

Group size .37"

Attachment 59767

Attachment 59766
    Last edited by CAMagnussen; 11-26-19 at 07:32.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Nice shooting.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Would love to see other folks' results and what ammo worked best for them. Reloaders? Would love to see your results with your finely tuned .308 loads. I'm not a reloader, so I do not have those skills to even more finely dial in the rifle with custom reloads. I'd love to though, maybe some day. But for now, so far, of the commercial loads I've run through my LMT MWS, PRIME 175gr is producing the best results. I was, frankly, shocked last weekend. I have not had a good weather day nor the opportunity to get out to my range's long gun range. The 100 yard range is flat as a pancake and I was able to run a number of commercial loads through it. Federal GMM 175 SMK did great, but the PRIME ammo beat it, noticeably so. I know that bolt actions in finely tuned .308 systems can do better, in fact the most accurate rifle for me was my AI in .308 where at 100 yards I clover-leafed Federal GMM with a .30 group. That my LMT MWS can do .37" MOA is ... ok by me.

Please post up your best groups and describe your rifle's configuration, what ammo you are running, etc. etc.

It is my contention that all else taken into consideration the very best semi-auto precision rifle out there are LMT rifles, offering great builds, wonderful options, modularity, caliber choices, and superb accuracy.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    others have posted results in the MWS thread https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...r-setup/page14

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm not interested in wading through 275 pages of mostly gear pics and broken photo links.
    Last edited by CAMagnussen; 11-27-19 at 11:00.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Best groups from your LMT MWS 308 rifles please.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I dont have Pics, but I would say the best group I ever shot was .5MOA, but that is rare. I have a 16 CL and I am happy with Sub moa with this set up. I am going to buy a 20 inch SS barrel some day.

That day turned out to be today, 12% off at Brownells

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 12-01-19 at 17:39.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I dont have Pics, but I would say the best group I ever shot was .5MOA, but that is rare. I have a 16 CL and I am happy with Sub moa with this set up. I am going to buy a 20 inch SS barrel some day.

PB
    Sounds great! I have a 16" CL for my LMT MWS but mostly use the 20" SS and I believe it does provide a smidge more accuracy

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CAMagnussen View Post
    Sounds great! I have a 16" CL for my LMT MWS but mostly use the 20" SS and I believe it does provide a smidge more accuracy
    I am mostly interested in the increase in long range performance, but I'll take the accuracy enhancements. All day long.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I am mostly interested in the increase in long range performance, but I'll take the accuracy enhancements. All day long.

PB
    I have not had a chance to shoot it further than 400 yards, but the .5 and less MOA held well out to 400, I was banging the center of a 4" plate so consistently it managed to knock it off one of the chains holding it up. Not sure what distance you are looking for, but ... there you go. FWIW. I decided to pick up the 20" SS barrel for the increase in accuracy and velocity potential. Seems to work just fine. My guess is that the overwhelming majority of us who own them and shoot them will never have any "real world" requirement for them, but ... nice to know, if we ever do...we can get head shots on zombies at 400 yards.
    Last edited by CAMagnussen; 12-02-19 at 18:02.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast