Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: New Glock event December 10th

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzman View Post
    For those complaining of the 10 round capacity, feel free to name one established .22 LR pistol with anything but a single stack magazine (and ~10 round) capacity.
    The 10 round capacity isn't the issue. Keeping it G19 size and a 10 round capacity is.
    Why not G48 or 43X size?
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    If the 44 is priced right,has a decent trigger and proves to be reliable and accurate, I think it should do fine. Dad getting one of these for a first pistol for his son, and him liking it, means their is a good chance with him getting some Glock centerfire pistol down the line.
    We need all the young people we can get in the shooting sports today.
    Last edited by Biggy; 12-20-19 at 07:52.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    If the 44 is priced right,has a decent trigger and proves to be reliable and as accurate as a Ruger Mk or Buckmark, I think it should do fine. Dad getting one of these for a first pistol for his son, and him liking it, means their is a good chance with him getting some Glock centerfire pistol down the line.
    We need all the young people we can get in the shooting sports today.
    Good points. I like my Buckmark. But we need all the positive inclusion we can get.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwelz View Post
    The 10 round capacity isn't the issue. Keeping it G19 size and a 10 round capacity is.
    Why not G48 or 43X size?
    Because the G19 is probably their best selling model? So why not base it off of that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Now I just want a mk 4 and a SW 41
    MK4 is so much easier to maintain, you like it.

Feedback Score
    I understand making it exactly like a G19.
    But, I would have done a glock frame with something like a mk IV barrel/ bolt so a red dot could be fixed on it.
    Then slide weight wouldnt be an issue and all sorts of barrel lengths could be available.
    Something approximating a 34 barrel length would be sweet.

Yes, I want a SW 41. Maybe have it finished in something rust proof.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kwelz View Post
    Why not G48 or 43X size?
    Well .22LR ammo doesn’t lend itself to box magazines because it is a rimmed case. So a double stack is a non starter, and if you look at how existing successful.22LR pistol magazines are designed it becomes apparent that size efficiency is not a thing.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    As much as I like the MK IV, it's in no way competitive against my old 41. The 41 is not nearly as simple to disassemble/reassemble as the MK IV, but it's much better than all MKs that came before it. The BuckMark's not annoying, but needing tools to do it is far from ideal.

I agree that basing Glock's rimfire off of a best selling model makes a lot more sense than off of one that's not.

Feedback Score
    Back in the day I shot a lot with a guy that let me use his 5.5" 41. The grip fit my hand like a glove.
    The price has always been more than I wanted to spend.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    A Glock 44 as accurate as a Buckmark or Ruger Mk 4 ain’t gonna happen.

Hint: loose barrel versus fixed barrels. 3 inches at 25 yards is more likely. Trainer, yes. Hunting or trail gun, no.

Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast